home theatres, a disease?

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by ChrisHall, Dec 30, 2003.

1. ChrisHall

ChrisHall Auditioning

i've had my ht setup for quite a while, but just recently i bought some "decent" speakers, sony sa-ve445h, its certainly not up there with you big dogs, but for a small bedroom (10x10) it does the job quite nicely, not to mention my two subs, hehe.

i cant even watch tv anymore without thinking about how crappy the video looks, or how crappy the sound is, or how crappy my mp3s sound compared to dts [​IMG] its just not the same anymore *sigh*

looks like i will have to invest in a hdtv and direct tv.. [​IMG]

2. AaronJB

AaronJB Second Unit

The best thing to do - I find - is to spend noticably more than you were considering whenever you want to upgrade. That way, more often than not, you will get something more satisfying and you'll be less likely to feel as if you need to upgrade down the road. Look at the extra money spent as an investment in not spending more money soon after.

3. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Chris,
    It is all down hill from here!!! Once the bug gets you it is tough to shake. Lucky for us there is a support group for us called the "Home Theater Forum". Welcome to the club.
    Shawn

4. Ernest Yee

Ernest Yee Supporting Actor

Eh - I wouldn't consider this a support group for the Home Theater upgrade bug.

That's like having an AA meeting at your local bar!:wink:

5. ChuckSolo

ChuckSolo Screenwriter

You said it brother. My wife is beginning to think I'm cracked. She hates it when I start complaining about how lousy the picture is with our cable system and how I complain about the weak surround effects of shows that are supposed to be in surround.[​IMG]

6. John S

John S Producer

I find myself heavily critiquing (sp?) every HDTV presentation I watch..... lol

7. GrahamT

GrahamT Supporting Actor

My family now refers to me as the subwoofer junkie