1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home theatre

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by geoff dixon, Mar 8, 2002.

1. geoff dixon

geoff dixon Agent

I would welcome comments from members,on the subject of Home theatre and the acceptance of it within the home.I have battled for 2years in using my system, always aware that someone in the house will complain of the its abilty to make the audio sound too real! and "I cant stand the surround"! and the noise" "I dont want the video recorder fed into the system its too loud" etc.

A lot of people find little time for audio freaks, and would sooner listen to the swalking of a TV speaker to a full blown quality system. I have now given up my relationship of 9 years and moved out to my own place. I now enjoy the theatre and find the peace of running my HT peaceful, I wonder how many members can relate to these problems,Iam not a young impulsive guy, at 59 years of age I just got sick of turning the music down,

2. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

Hey Geoff, just had to comment. I'm a 52 year old Nam Vet from the old 8 track days blasting in my 442 convertible in Chicago. My wife knew I liked my music and movies when we married. Well, next month, it's 30 years and she sits right here with me watching T2, True lies, and everything else with good sound, full blast 5.1 and loves every minute of it. And hell, she's older than I am ! Just lucky I guess. Best Wishes.

3. Tony Granatelli

Tony Granatelli Stunt Coordinator

Hi,
    As a 39 year old audiophile, I usually wait until the kids and my wife leave the house.
    But if they're around and I have need to crank it up, that's the way it goes.
    That's why I purchased a new Onkyo A/V unit...
    Music can only be too loud if distortion kicks in!
    Tony

4. Jerry Wright

Jerry Wright Agent

AMEN

5. Rod Melotte

Rod Melotte Stunt Coordinator

geoff - my father-in-law is 76 and just purchased a 54 inch Sony and a Bose Surround Sound system so you are not the oldest. (I'm not sure what the above sentence is suppose to mean but . . . .)

I don't have any problem with noise. I don't watch in very loud when others in the family are doing other things but it does crank up on weekends.

Look into Sony V6 (NOT V600) Headphones for late night.

6. geoff dixon

geoff dixon Agent

Thanks guys for your input.the Onkyo sounds sweet in the new surroundings,