What's new

Home Theatre Screens (1 Viewer)

WayneVanDeveer

Auditioning
I have a BenQ 8700+ projecting on a plaster wall covered in
"Autumn Wheat" colored paint. The picture is fantastic. I have a Stewart Firehawk screen on order, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make. Is the screen worth the money?

Michael TLV

THX Video Instructor/Calibrator
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Chen
Greetings

You could just buy the material and build the frame and and save $$$$$$$$$ ... same performance for 25% of the cost ...

With a good wall and paint set up ... to a professional screen ... you might gain a bit more brightness ... and a few % here in image quality ... but don't expect to be wow'ed.

Regards

WayneVanDeveer

Auditioning
Thanks. I just got the projector and had already ordered the screen on the suggestion of the local HT dealer. I had no idea the picture would already be great just shooting onto the wall, especially with the gold paint on the wall. I guess the smooth plaster makes for a good reflective surface, eh? Any suggestions on paint color if I just stick with the wall projection?

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
Lordy, you need a white painted wall at least. A wall that's off-white will be a horrible screen. Paint it flat white at least, or use the screen you have on order.

A proper screen is fundamental!!!!

Whether you make it yourself or order it, you can't just shoot onto a wall that's off-white and expect a good picture....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks