Home Theatre Screens

Discussion in 'Displays' started by WayneVanDeveer, Jan 24, 2005.

1. WayneVanDeveer

WayneVanDeveer Auditioning

I have a BenQ 8700+ projecting on a plaster wall covered in
    "Autumn Wheat" colored paint. The picture is fantastic. I have a Stewart Firehawk screen on order, but I'm not sure how much of a difference it will make. Is the screen worth the money?

2. Michael TLV

Michael TLV THX Video Instructor/Calibrator

Michael Chen
    Greetings

You could just buy the material and build the frame and and save $$$$$$$$$ ... same performance for 25% of the cost ...

With a good wall and paint set up ... to a professional screen ... you might gain a bit more brightness ... and a few % here in image quality ... but don't expect to be wow'ed.

Regards

3. WayneVanDeveer

WayneVanDeveer Auditioning

Thanks. I just got the projector and had already ordered the screen on the suggestion of the local HT dealer. I had no idea the picture would already be great just shooting onto the wall, especially with the gold paint on the wall. I guess the smooth plaster makes for a good reflective surface, eh? Any suggestions on paint color if I just stick with the wall projection?

4. ChrisWiggles

ChrisWiggles Producer

Lordy, you need a white painted wall at least. A wall that's off-white will be a horrible screen. Paint it flat white at least, or use the screen you have on order.

A proper screen is fundamental!!!!

Whether you make it yourself or order it, you can't just shoot onto a wall that's off-white and expect a good picture....