What's new

Home Theatre Projectors, Dell, InFocus and Sanyo (1 Viewer)

andy_brehm

Stunt Coordinator
glad to see they liked the sp4800. i just got my x1 today, i cant wait to play with it. its just a bummer that my screen is backordered

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
I would agree with their assesment of contrast ratio being one of the most important specs as far as picture quality goes.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
I'll say here what I said over in the AVS thread. I shot both the X1 and a Panny 200u LCD on a matte white Da-Lite and a white blackout fabric screen. The 200u image's looked nothing like what they show there for LCD. Something's not right with those images. I remember what the raw, out of the box images looked like on both machines and both the DLP and LCD images were very, very close in PQ. I infact prefered the black level of the LCD over the DLP.

Peace Out~:D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
That article is scary. I had my heart set on a lcd pj, main reason was because of the rainbows. But I'm more concerned with blacklevel and from reading that article it seemed like DLP was better all the way around except for the rainbows.

Ron's assessment of the Pannys is what really lead me in that direction. But what the article says makes since when it gives reasons as to why DLP out weights LCD. I don't know man, this kind of puts a monkey wrench into my plans.

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
And then again Ron's screen shots look beautiful, so I just don't know.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Obviously there is something wrong with the pictures. The lcd picture from Final Fantasy shows with a blue hue to it whereas the same image from the dlp has a gray hue to it. If both projectors were properly calibrated then the colours would be the same on both samples and if one projector had a better displayed contrast than the other projector then the one image would show better shadow detail than the other one would, end of story.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
This weekend I will try and locate that Final Fantasy scene and take a snap-shot to show how 'off' that LCD pic is. It's sad when things like this come out and they do not accurately represent the image. Heck look at the black levels between their FF pic and mine from Moulin Rouge. Other then calibrating my 200u with AVIA, shooting onto a light gray screen and massively reducing the pic size of Satin, no other alterations have been made to my pic, it represents the true image colors.

Peace Out~:D

LaMarcus

Screenwriter
Real Name
LaMarcus
Yeah, I seen that on your site Ron, and the one with the crown on her head is really pretty, it made me think I didn't see that part of the movie, because I didn't remember it looking that good :laugh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks