What's new

Home Theatre in a hardwood floor apartment? (1 Viewer)

CraigK

Stunt Coordinator
Hey gang.

A couple of silly questions that I need answered.

I am moving into a hardwood floor apartment. I have tower speakers with metal spikes on the bottom (which are removeable). I am assuming that I should not have these spikes on when I place the towers on the hardwood...correct?

Secondly, what is bass response like on a hardwood floor compared to a carpeted floor?

And finally, any tips and suggestions on how to carefully move my 48" RPTV? I am on a strict budget and hiring pros is outta the question.

Thanks in advance.

ChrisWiggles

Senior HTF Member
carpeting/bare floors has pretty much 0 impact on bass. Much more on the liveliness of the room and reflections. You could either remove the spikes, or put a dime or something under each. It would be advisable to put down an area rug as well for the acoustics.

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Digital Video Essentials has a nice segment that shows the effect on audio that the room has. It is a pretty big impact when you have hard surfaces all aroun especially the higher frequencies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks