What's new

Home theatre help (1 Viewer)

Derek_Gilbert

Auditioning
I have been reading these boards for the last couple of months and have become extremely interested in home theatre systems. Especially the DIY project Sonosubs... there are some absolutely beautiful creations that I have run across on this board.

Anyway, my question was about a home theatre system that I was given the opportunity to purchase for 600$. However, I was unable to find any information about the system or the company. I was just curious as to if anyone here could give me some information on them or maybe lead me in a direction. Also what opinions people might have of the setup.

This is the information on the system:
Welton-techwood Pro-Studio
Techwood DDR-94 AV Digital Surround Reciever
Techwood 5 Disk CD changer CDC85
Front Mains: PS54CH
Center: S14C
Surround: S14R and S14L

Welton USA
11625 Columbia CTR DR
Dallas Texas, 75229

I will be hooking it up to a 27" RCA TV and a Panasonic 5 disk DVD changer (DVD CV36) Any information or suggestions for hookup would be greatly apreciated as I am fairly new to the this.. thanks a lot

Derek

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If that IS it, I would strongly advise against it at all costs. It looks like a waste of money to me.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Again, not what I consider to be HOME Theater. It looks like gear you would see at a club. I'd skip it. I hate to say it but the center and surrounds look like garbage. Will it be loud? Yes. Will it be good? No. Just IMHO.

Bob McElfresh

Senior HTF Member
Derek: A lot of people like the Kenwood HTB-504 system. For about $500 you get a decent receiver, sub, 5 speakers. All you have to do is add a DVD player and you are set.

The 504 is being discontinued so I have heard of prices as low as $435. Check Circuit City, Sears, Costco for remaining stock.

I have set this system up for a friend and was pleased at the results. Many people here at HTF have also bought or recommended the set to family members. Cheaper than the one you mentioned, and several recomendations from us.

Note: That unit you linked to does not appear to be DVD/Dolby Digital compatible.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks