What's new

HOME THEATRE HELP.....LOOKING FOR SUGGESTIONS (1 Viewer)

I finally will paint my media room in the next couple of weeks, my colors are as follow:

1)Celiling - Sherwin Williams - Tricorn Black - SW 6258
2)Walls - Sherwin Williams - Sommelier - SW 7595

However my question is that I have the option of adding a painting mural on the wall you see below. I am thinking about having the letter "H" on the wall in some type of design(Herschel is my name). What are your thoughts? Should I do it or not? Or should I add something more elaborate?

Attachments

• photo 3-2.JPG
    photo 3-2.JPG
    129.1 KB · Views: 164

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
Whatever floats your boat. It's your theater, do what you like. I put stone on one wall, partially for aesthetics, and partially to provide an irregular surface to diffuse sound. On the opposite wall, I hung a picture I liked.
Hm Theater Seating.jpg

I'm thinking of putting in a chair rail and wainscot along with a molding design sooner or later. That's one of the things that makes home theaters interesting. They can reflect the personality of the theater owner.

Bobofbone said:
Whatever floats your boat. It's your theater, do what you like. I put stone on one wall, partially for aesthetics, and partially to provide an irregular surface to diffuse sound. On the opposite wall, I hung a picture I liked.
attachicon.gif
Hm Theater Seating.jpg

I'm thinking of putting in a chair rail and wainscot along with a molding design sooner or later. That's one of the things that makes home theaters interesting. They can reflect the personality of the theater owner.
Very nice layout!!! I am looking to get to that level. I will post new pics after the room is painted.

Bobofbone

Second Unit
Real Name
Bob
I like it. Be sure to use flat or a very low gloss paint-there are mixes with a very low gloss that clean easier than something completely flat.

It's nice to have a dark color to mute any reflected light, and blend with the screen if using something with a different aspect ratio than the screen has. I've thought about masking, but with a very dark brown backround around the screen, it just doesn't seem necessary when the lights are low. I've thought about it while watching things like the Superbowl, though.

andySu

Senior HTF Member
Wow looks nice. Is that a Crimson red colour?

Herschel Frierson said:
Next I am going to add a riser/platform. Will continue to keep everyone updated and always open for suggestions.
Riser. "Rise, Lord Vader."

I gather your floor is wooden.

Riser, keep in mind some depth between it and the floor for some maybe bass shakers fitted in later on?

Plenty of real cinema seats on ebay, if you keep a look out and most of them go cheap.

troymachine

Auditioning
Real Name
Troy
I like my home theatre room to be clean and simple with plain walls. The focus should be on the movie which is what you are there for.

andySu said:
Wow looks nice. Is that a Crimson red colour?

Riser. "Rise, Lord Vader."

I gather your floor is wooden.

Riser, keep in mind some depth between it and the floor for some maybe bass shakers fitted in later on?

Plenty of real cinema seats on ebay, if you keep a look out and most of them go cheap.
LOL....Lord Vader!!!! The color is not Crimson it is called "Red Theater", however I had the color "Flat" with Three Coats of paint.

vidiot33

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Mark
I think your best bet for black paint is Rosco Deep Velour. Check it out, and if you plan to use it, let me know and I can offer some suggestions for it's application. I used it in my home theater and some people have mistaken the paint for black felt. It's truly black with no gloss whatsoever. I built a riser also. 81/2 inches wasn't quite high enough for my home theater seating, so make sure the back row can see over the heads of those in front.

Brian Dobbs

Ambassador
Real Name
Brian Dobbs
I actually thought about doing a mural on my finished theater. So I don't think the idea is out of the question should you want to reconsider.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation155
Recent bookmarks