What's new

Home theatre advice (1 Viewer)

ElvisLives

Auditioning
Real Name
John
I'm thinking of getting an upsacling dvd player, but i don't know much about recivers and the like. I've got a vague idea, but I need you to help me out. This is the system i'm looking at http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-Dig.../dp/B0007SQK6I
If i am right, i can connect the dvd player to the system using coaxial or optical out, and then connect the supplied speakers to the subwoofer (where the inputs are). The system includes decoders (hopefully) that will make dvds have great sound. Is this all right? I mean, basically i want to fix up a dvd player to it and have surround sound.
Thanks.

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi John - the Logitech Z5500 are PC speakers. These may not meet your requirements for Home Theatre use, as they are designed for very close constraint. But yes, they would meet your requirements for surround sound.

I would recommend purchasing a receiver and 5.1 speakers seperately. Will this system be used primarily for music or for home theatre? What are the dimensions of the room?

For a budget Upconverting DVD Player take a look at the Oppo 970, Oppo 971 or Denon DVD-1730.

ElvisLives

Auditioning
Real Name
John
Oh right, yeah i thought of that once I posted, whatever we get it is going to be for home theatre, and the dimensions of the room are 18x13.
Thanks,

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
What is your budget for receiver, 5.1 speakers, DVD player, cabling, surge protection, etc? And what country are you located? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks