1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Theaters in Midwest needed for Documentary

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by jim om, May 24, 2005.

1. jim om

jim om Auditioning

Hello! I'm an independent filmmaker based in Omaha, Nebraska, and I'm currently making a documentary about people who try to preserve historic movie theatres. As part of this project, I'm showing how movie-going has changed and how people can make an elaborate home theatre that is in many cases better than going to the local Multi-plex. I'm looking for people in the midwest (within driving range of Nebraska) with elaborated decorated home theaters who would like to be interviewed/profiled for my movie - this is a good chance to "show off" your hard work and become...dare I say it? famous? [​IMG]
    If you're interested, please email me at: [email protected]

Thanks!
    Jim

2. David Noll

David Noll Stunt Coordinator

Jim,

I sent you an e-mail. Although I'm located in central PA, I'm willing to help you, even if you can't get to PA.

David

3. BlakeN

BlakeN Stunt Coordinator

What is the time frame like? I live in Des Moines Iowa but I just finished framing mine so it will be probably 6 months before I am done.

Just an FYI my home theater is low budget compaired to a lot of the people here. It will have a front projector but most everything will be low key and DIY. No fancy molding, stage, lighting, or displays. (yet [​IMG] )

4. Travis_R

Travis_R Stunt Coordinator

I live near St.Louis, Should have mine done within the next 60-90 days so long as I dont have to spend money elsewhere in my house "AGAIN" lol

5. Frank Lee

Frank Lee Stunt Coordinator

I live in Kearney Nebraska. I would love to show you my Home theater, but I am just now getting the electronics portion done and moving on to the room decorating. It is not real coordinated at the moment. Wouldn't be much to look at, although it is better then both the local theaters IMHO. When I am done it still won't be as elaborate as some people's theaters on this web page.

6. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Jim, Hope my theater can make the grade. Keeler Theatre I sent you an email. Thanks, Shawn