What's new

Home Theater without DVD-player (1 Viewer)

Mark_We

Auditioning
I’m going to buy a home theater WITHOUT DVD-Player and I’m going to spend around

$300-$500. This home theater is first for Karaoke and later maybe for dvd.

I have heard that every speaker should be at least 100W. It should also have 5.1 Dolby Digital.

Any suggestions??

Bill Catherall

Screenwriter
I have heard that every speaker should be at least 100W.
I'm a little confused by this...Do you mean each speaker should be rated to handle 100W or each channel of the amplifier/receiver should output 100W? Either way, it really depends on how loud you intend to play them and how big your room is. If it's a small room and you don't plan on playing things really loud then you won't need to worry about 100W, it's more than you need. But if you want good clean sound at even high volume then the more power the better. 100W is sufficient for most homes and it's easy to find a receiver that can output that.

As for 5.1 audio, you can only take advantage of that with DVD. So if you plan on watching DVD movies then, yes, make sure it can decode 5.1 audio (Dolby Digital and DTS are usually found on most 5.1 capable receivers).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks