What's new

Home Theater Website (1 Viewer)

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
I finally finished my website, although I still need to take some better pictures for my pictures link (learning how to use the new digital camera).

At any rate, please check it out and let me know what you think: comments, suggestions, critisizm is welcome!

The link is in my sig....

Andres Munoz

Senior HTF Member
I can't really comment or critize on your home theater since there are no pictures of it. It's mainly manufacturer's pictures.

Great choice of equipment though. Congratulations.

Luke_Y

Second Unit
Andres- there is a link button at the top of the page to the pics of the set up in his house. Also a link to a review of his set up.

Sonnie- Nice! Verry nice! I like the rack.

As far as the web page, I couldn't get to the larger pics or pg. 2 of the review (404 error). Also the thumbnail page acts kind of weird when you try to scroll it (dosen't respond right away and the pics. get kind of juimbled and take a few seconds to sort out).

Kyle-K

Stunt Coordinator
Nice Theater...

As for the website... You should not use the full size images as thumbnails. It dramatically increases the page

weight, which makes the page load quite slowly.

Consider making actual thumbnails of the size you want. They will be smaller files and will load much faster...

Hope it helps,

--kyle

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Sonnie,

Your thumbnails lead to dead ends, not enlarged pictures. What I can see looks great, but I can't see the larger pictures. Also, I agree with the others here. I'm using a high speed (1.3Meg) connection and the thumbnails took some time to load so I imagine it must be agonizingly slow at dial up speeds. Your small pictures need to be much lower resolution.

Check some other sites for examples. Right click on the thumbnails to see what the size of the images are. (For example, my thumbnails usually are about 4K each.)

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Sorry bout that...... in all the fuss of building these pages those were the ones I had forgot about. I had originally built those with MS Word.

They are all up and running now with correctly sized thumbnails and larger images as well.

All links are connected, at least I call myself double checking them.

Thanks for letting me know about this!

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Sonnie,
Very nice! I absolutely love the rack and having the ability to get behind everything! If I ever get around to owning a house I may have to borrow that design...hope you don't mind. :D
Regards,
Dan Hine

Dave Poehlman

Senior HTF Member
I agree with Dan on the rack.. I like the "built-in" look of it.. well, actually it is built-in, I suppose.

You've inspired me to get off my a** and take some pics of my construction.

John Stone

Supporting Actor
You've got some really nice equipment, I'm jealous. :p)

I agree with the others, the built-in rack with rear access looks super!

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Sonnie,
Very nice! I have to agree with the others - that rack you have is slick! Great job on the site too!

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Thanks a bunch guys.

That rack idea came from our first house. Except there I only had access through a half door in our bedroom. This time I designed the access a little differently since our service room was so conveniently located next to it.

I'm in the process of having a door built for the front with glass. When I get it finished I'll post a new pic.

Thanks again, didn't realize I'd get that many hits on my site.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks