- Oct 30, 1997
- Aberdeen, MD & Navesink, NJ
- Real Name
- Sam Posten
Brett Bjorkquist, Senior Manager, Dealer Engagement, Kaleidescape joins us to discuss Kaleidescape, known for a hardware/software solution that brings full resolution audio and video movies to the home.
- A brief introduction to Kaleidescape.
- How do you measure the quality differences between Kaleidescape vs UHD disks, Blurays, and 4K streams?
- How do you see the different tiers of hardware breaking down by consumer?
- Your software gets great user reaction, what’s the latest on that? Any chance of a software only solution?
- Who do you see as the typical Kaleidescape consumer?
- What would you consider a minimum necessary home theater to get the most out of a Kaleidescape system?
- Are all studios on board? What about independents / Criterion?
- What’s on your roadmap for improvements to the system?
- The elephant in the room: Price. Is price a driving concern for you? Is there a big enough market for this service at this price? Is this price sustainable in a streaming first / subscription based world?
- There’s no ties to Movies Anywhere or any other storefront right? Is that something you’d consider?
- Is Apple’s effort to bring lossless audio to music a concern? If they go full lossless quality on audio in movies what then?
- What audio and video formats does Kaleidescape support?
- What is your own theater like?
- What do you wish people understood about Kaleidescape better? What would make using the system even better in their homes?
Create your dream movie theater at home with Kaleidescape’s premium movie players and servers. It’s pure cinema perfection.