Home Theater Speakers

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bill Griffith, Aug 15, 2002.

1. Bill Griffith

Bill Griffith Supporting Actor

for a 6.1 or 7.1 Capable Reciever.

Lets say good sound quality but not the best. Any ideas. I'm trying to keep the cost under $500. Again this is just for the speakers.

2. Greg Haynes

Greg Haynes Supporting Actor

What are looking to buy? Receiver or speakers? Sorry, I'm not sure what you asking in your post.

3. Michael Mathius

Michael Mathius Supporting Actor

I think he's looking for speakers.

You may be able to get the Energy Take 5.2 without the sub for $500. They pack a hell of a punch for small speakers. You can also pickup the additional speaker(s) for the rear when your budget allows.

4. Hanwook_K

Hanwook_K Stunt Coordinator

I second the ET 5.2 or even the older Take 5 (~$500 with a 8" sub) with an extra two speakers (~$100) ... But I'm leaning towards the 5.2 or a bigger sub, because with 7 sats and one small 8" sub the system will sound bright.

5. John Garcia

John Garcia Executive Producer

John
    With or without sub? Makes a big difference with a budget like that.

6. Stephen Hopkins

Stephen Hopkins HW Reviewer
    HW Reviewer

You may want to look at Fluance. You can get their entry level 5.1 setup for $200, add a pair of their bipole surroudns for the back surrounds for $80, then get the JBL PB-10 from J&R for $200 w/ free shipping. This would put you in at $480 with a great setup.

As for receiver, you may want to take a look at the Pioneer 811S. It's a great 6.1/7.1 receiver w/ DDEX, DTSES, DPLII, and NEO6 for around $300 online.