What's new

Home Theater Setup (1 Viewer)

John_Quincy

Agent
Yeah, they're a bunch of pissers.... I emailed them and they told me they would not have them until Early Jan 2002, or I would have ordered from them. I ordered from some other place so I could have them in time for Christmas. Now I see them in stock.... :frowning: I emailed them to tell them they lost a sale because they couldn;t keep track of their inventory.... I'm not mad at them, just disappointed.
John

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Gee, I hope they didn't screw up again and list them in stock if they're not. Oh well, I'll find out hopefully next week.

BTW, I was in Best Buy today and they have the Sony sub for $185. Still too steep. I may pick one up on Ebay for $135. Anyone get their Sony there?

Adil M

Supporting Actor
Doesn't Sears sell it? Go pricematch or American Express match? There are so many options now.

John_Quincy

Agent
I got Sears to pricematch the sub last night. IT took some arguing and a few managers to get the right price but we got it. $161.99 - They pricematched the inetshopping.com site. I printed out their website order for with the item cost and shipping/handling charges. They were going to charge us tax above the $162 price, but we argued and got it as the final price :D So now I got my sub, receiver, DVD and speakers. Next I have to hook everything up and learn what the heck this remote does :)
PS: don't have a TV with AV inputs so I have to buy a modulator so I can hook up a coax to the TV. :frowning: Anyways, it should be fun. I will probably buy a new TV soon....

Jerry AZ

Stunt Coordinator
Hey John;
Did you get the system hooked up yet? How does it sound. Mine should be here this week. :) I got all the same equipment you have except for the Kemwood (Onkyo 595), and the DVD player.

AaronMK

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Aaron Karp
John,

Please post with a review of this ASAP. I was looking into getting pretty much the NSP-1 package, except with N26s for my two front speakers. I was also looking into the Kenwood VR-509 as well.

While at it, what are recomendations for or against the JBL PB10 sub. I was eyeing this as well and would appreciate any opinions. Thanks.

John_Quincy

Agent
Read my post about thanking everyone. You WILL be impressed by the setup. As for the JBL sub. Its an ear thing. Go to Best Buy and listen for yourself. The salesguy told me the JBL was better to his ear, but I liked the Sony more myself (as did my wife). Enjoy!

Denis Q

Auditioning
I just saw the 509 on sale in the Circuit City near my office for $291. They'll refund the difference, but for only $8, it might not be worth the trip. Then again, the $8 will give you a great start on a 12-pack to enjoy during your next HT experience.

DQ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks