What's new

Home Theater Set-up (1 Viewer)

Nick>P

Auditioning
hello everyone, this is my first post :)
anyway i was wonder is this was a good set-up for a large room.

2 axiom audio m80ti (floorstanding front speakers)
1 axiom audio v150 (center speaker)
4 axiom audio QS8 (sides and backs)
sigle or dual svs set-up cylinder/box? should i go for 2 medium size subs or one big one?

also what reciever should i get? i was thinking a denon AVR-5803 or maybe somthing smaller?

thanks in advance
:D

Nick>P

Auditioning
hello everyone, this is my first post :)
anyway i was wonder is this was a good set-up for a large room.

2 axiom audio m80ti (floorstanding front speakers)
1 axiom audio v150 (center speaker)
4 axiom audio QS8 (sides and backs)
sigle or dual svs set-up cylinder/box? should i go for 2 medium size subs or one big one?

also what reciever should i get? i was thinking a denon AVR-5803 or maybe somthing smaller?

thanks in advance
:D

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I would put your entire sub budget into a single unit- as much SVS as you can afford will take care of it. Two different subs- asking for headaches- another thing to plug in and interconnect. Double your risk of a product failure. Cosmetically awkward. Phase issues.....

Brian Fellmeth

Supporting Actor
I would put your entire sub budget into a single unit- as much SVS as you can afford will take care of it. Two different subs- asking for headaches- another thing to plug in and interconnect. Double your risk of a product failure. Cosmetically awkward. Phase issues.....

Nick>P

Auditioning
what reciever should i get? i was thinking a denon AVR-5803 or maybe somthing smaller? and how is my speaker set-up?

Nick>P

Auditioning
what reciever should i get? i was thinking a denon AVR-5803 or maybe somthing smaller? and how is my speaker set-up?

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
I think the AVR-5803 is a great choice if its within the budget. As far as subs I have always gone for one decent sub instead of two smaller units. Although its obvious that some people can't physically fit some of the bigger subs. Two small units might be the only way to get the required output.

PC

paul clipsel

Stunt Coordinator
I think the AVR-5803 is a great choice if its within the budget. As far as subs I have always gone for one decent sub instead of two smaller units. Although its obvious that some people can't physically fit some of the bigger subs. Two small units might be the only way to get the required output.

PC

Jim_Ski

Agent
I have a Yamaha RX-V1400, Axiom M60ti's, VP100, and 2 sets of QS4's, and a SVS 25-31PCi... and am VERY happy with them. I know speakers are a very subjective topic, so take it for what it's worth. You're listed setup is a notch above mine, I can't help but think it'll sound terrific.

I actually don't care to listen to things loud, it has just irritated me too much. With this new setup (about a week old now) I'm gonna have to force myself to turn things down as I just can't help myself. It really feels odd to me, but I just love to crank it up now. I'm approaching refrence levels a bit too often. ;)

my room is about 15x25x9

Jim_Ski

Agent
I have a Yamaha RX-V1400, Axiom M60ti's, VP100, and 2 sets of QS4's, and a SVS 25-31PCi... and am VERY happy with them. I know speakers are a very subjective topic, so take it for what it's worth. You're listed setup is a notch above mine, I can't help but think it'll sound terrific.

I actually don't care to listen to things loud, it has just irritated me too much. With this new setup (about a week old now) I'm gonna have to force myself to turn things down as I just can't help myself. It really feels odd to me, but I just love to crank it up now. I'm approaching refrence levels a bit too often. ;)

my room is about 15x25x9

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks