Home Theater set up Comments

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Jamie=B, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Jamie=B

Jamie=B Auditioning

Ok guys here's my HT set up Just wanting to know what you guys think and where I might be able to improve.

Reciver NAD 753
    DVD NAD 532
    Sub Fosgate FA15
    Speakers MB Quart QLC Series 404 tower's
    304 center
    104 surrounds
    Sony 32 inch tv (will be replacing soon)
    Xbox With monster cables(only digital cable i could find)
    Inter connects acoustic research pro series.

2. Marc H

Marc H Second Unit

Seems like a great system. Try adding a power conditioner. That can improve the sound a bit in most cases.

3. Darrin W-G

Darrin W-G Extra

Your choice of weapons is perfect. The only question that needs to be asked; Is your HT room fully tweaked?

4. DaveDickey

DaveDickey Stunt Coordinator

I second the recommendation for a power conditioner. You have some nice equipment, might as well give it clean, steady juice. I've tried my HT gear with and without a power conditioner. I must say that it does make a difference (to my ears/eyes at least).

5. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Nice equipment (I own NAD and MB Quart too).

You're one of the few MBQ owners I've run in to. Have you heard their S-line? If you're interested my local dealer (who is an authorized dealer for MB Quart and has great prices on their S-Line because they clearanced them from MBQ) sells them online. www.yawaonline.com

Note: since they are authorized and cannot advertise below MAP the prices they charge are actually considerably less than what is on their site. Give them a call or email and ask about the prices if you're interested. I got a pair of QLS-1030s and the matching QLS-330 center (upgraded my old Energy C6s and AC300 center, see this thread for more info on how they sound.

6. Jamie=B

Jamie=B Auditioning

Thanks for the response.. Iam getting a line conditioner.. also a spl meter for tunning the system.. I plan an getting the s series down the road.. Money you know it dont grow on trees..