Home Theater Plaque

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Bill*L, Nov 7, 2003.

1. Bill*L

Bill*L Extra

Can someone recommend where I might find a personalized plaque that I can put up in the entrance to my theater? I have seen the ones the light up but dont really want to deal with the additional light in the room and dont really want to pay that much for it. Thinking something like the black and gold DTS and Dolby signs but I want to be able to have the name of the theater on it. Any ideas?
    Thanks

2. Edwin_H

Edwin_H Stunt Coordinator

You can do a search for plaques on here or over at AVS Forum and find a link(don't know it offhand)to really big files with the logos on there and then take the files into Photoshop and find whatever font you want and personalize it. Once you have the look you want, save it as a smaller file type and you can get Kinkos to print it out on glossy paper. Buy a frame and slap it in there and presto, you have a convincing looking plaque for very little $$. That's what I did and mine look great! Hope this helps.

3. Tim K

Tim K Second Unit

4. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

5. Nick P

Nick P Second Unit

If you're looking for something a little more "solid" than a framed printout I have what might fit your needs. I am launching an entire line of personalized home theater/recreation room plaques. I have several movie themed designs and each one will be personalized with your name or theater's name. The signs all come in a beautiful piano gloss black finish and your name is carved with computerized precision right into the 1/2 inch thick material. No flimsy printouts here. My site is not fully up and running but the address is www.showcase-signs.com I'd be happy to email some pictures to you if you are interested.