Home Theater Plan Web Site

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Wes, Sep 17, 2004.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Don't know if there is a need for it but I thought it might be cool to have one site to post everyones (that wants to) Home Theater Plans.
    If you would like to submit your plans just e-mail them to me or P.M. me. I can even link to your web site from your plan.

If no interest no big loss, but just thought others could get ideas from looking at your plans all together in one site.

www.htplans.8k.com

Wes

2. JayPo

JayPo Stunt Coordinator

That's a really cool idea Wes ... I would love to make up some plans of my setup. Can I ask, what program did you use to make your plans?

3. RyanYYZ

RyanYYZ Auditioning

Whenever I've done floorplans I've used Microsoft Visio.

4. Shawn Keeler

Shawn Keeler Stunt Coordinator

Great idea!!! This will be very helpful for the DIY builder!!

5. Derek_Sutherlan

fantastic idea, and it will be a great learning tool for first time HT builders. i am in the process of planning my first dedicated HT room. having a localized site for theatre plans would be a definite plus.

6. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    All the plans I have drawn over the years are all just done on Windows "Paint". Drawing to scale using Paint does pose problems though.[​IMG]

Wes

7. Ernesto.Morin

Ernesto.Morin Stunt Coordinator

Great idea! [​IMG]

8. RobertMc

RobertMc Agent

I think its a great idea Wes, I would certainly have benefited from it before I embarked on my HT journey...
    I was actually thinking of drawing up some schematics of my own (now finished) room the other day, just for interests sake, and having seen your suggestion and idea, I might make more of an effort and send them to you as well.

Good luck anyway - by the way, your theatre is great.[​IMG]

9. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Rob, I would sure appreciate your drawings. I'm off to a slow start on getting plans![​IMG]

It does not cost me any thing for the web site so it's no big loss if no one wants to supply their plans but I think someone along the way might benefit from it.

Wes

10. Derek_Sutherlan

Hey Wes,

Just sent you an email with my dedicated Home Theatre room set-up. it is lacking in detail right now, but it's a start

thanks again

11. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    I added it to my site, link to it if you want to create a new thread.

Wes

12. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    Derek, If I were you I would move your seating up a couple/few feet, your not leaving much room to walk past as you come in and with a 7' screen I think seating could be closer. What is in the area that your pj is in. Is it usable area? You will need roughly 18" depth for your equipment rack and it does not look as if your giving it enough room.
    Just my thoughts!

Wes

13. Derek_Sutherlan

Wes,

thanks for checking out my current plan of attack

I was glad to hear you felt my seating was too far back...i figured with such a small room to work with I would be trying maximize the viewing distance. As I am only placing to small recliners (already purchased) in the theatre, it will be easy to adjust their location. The room where the PJ will be situated is actually a shower stall that is currently under construction. There will be enough clearance to mount the pj directly above the stall...and plenty of room to ventilate. as for the equipment rack, that may pose more of a problem, however I believe that all measurements are under-estimated, and there will probably be more clearance than stated on the plan.

I appreciate your comments and welcome other members to do the same. I hope to begin framing/drop ceiling/subfloor in the next couple of months. All will be doccumented in digital pix.

I unfortunately can not post a link yet, but I am sure that anyone reading this forum will be able to find Wes' web page and HT plans.

thanks again,

Derek

14. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Wes Peterson
    If you start a thread on your project I will post links for you, if you would like!

Wes