What's new

Home Theater Pics Finally Done....What do you think? (1 Viewer)

Sonnie Parker

Second Unit
Looks good! I like the rack set up and the DVD "Now Playing" holder on top. That's cool!

I would try to hide the wires someway.

Larry B

Screenwriter
To echo what everyone else as said, you have a truly beautiful theater. But I too would like to suggest that you pull your mains farther out into the room. This is not to equalize the distances (that can be done with delays), but to minimize reflections from the center rack. I have been playing around with this myself and have found the difference in soundstaging (for music) to be considerable.

Larry

John Stone

Supporting Actor
Awesome theater! I love the look of B&W speakers, very nice. Movies must sound incredible with those dual SVSs and the B&Ws. :emoji_thumbsup:

Dalton

Screenwriter
Real Name
Dalton
Great setup Rajee.:emoji_thumbsup: I have the same exact tv as you. How do you like your wxf95? I have had mine for 18 months and love the picture it puts out.

Jason Harbaugh

Senior HTF Member
Awesome setup. I love your A/V shelfing/rack.

I like the radio shack fan as well. Looks like I will have to do that when I get my new A/V rack since it will be enclosed instead of open.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Thanks agagin all. I think I'll give a few of your suggestions a try. First moving the front B&W's up a bit and Second, maybe try and put some white paneling on the back of the shelving unit to hide some of the wires.

For those interested my fan setup, I have put the Radio Shack SKU #'s on the home theater page so you can get them yourself if needed. Just look down to the fan pictures. The adjustability of the fan speed makes it quick and easy to set up a speed/noise ratio that will make you happy.

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
Rajeek,
Awesome setup! Great arrangement and excellent choice of components.
I was intrigued by your x-10 doo-dad to control lighting and the Samson 1000. I'm in need of a quick primer on this - what parts are needed, how it all works, etc. Can you offer any tips for me? I've been to x-10.com but there are about 2 millions parts on the page and I don't really know what parts are necessary to do what you are doing.
Love the twin 16-46's. Someday soon I plan to put two of those babies into my HT.
Great job! :emoji_thumbsup:

RajeeK

Second Unit
I was intrigued by your x-10 doo-dad to control lighting and the Samson 1000. I'm in need of a quick primer on this - what parts are needed, how it all works, etc. Can you offer any tips for me? I've been to x-10.com but there are about 2 millions parts on the page and I don't really know what parts are necessary to do what you are doing.
Ya, X-10 stuff can be somewhat confusing. A really good source of information is www.remotecentral.com they have an entire X-10 chat board here: http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin...c-x10/list.cgi
I will try to give you the basics. I really only have 4 items that make up my entire X-10 system. The Infrared controller you see in the picture, lighting modules, appliance module (for the Samson) and the Pronto Remote. The X-10 system works by using your current electrial system in your house and sending the signals through that. The IR controller sends the X-10 signals through it. The key is you need a pronto that is fully programmable so you can do that. Here is the link to the IR codes you would need with the pronto http://www.remotecentral.com/files/c-x-10-lighting1.htm
It all works very nicely. I have full on/off/dimming capability with the lights and on/off for the samson S1000 with the touch of a single button after programming my pronto. As you look at the components below, it really is pretty cheap to set up the system assuming you have a Pronto already. All components are around $50-$60 for a basic system.
Here are the components:
IR-543
http://www.smarthome.com/4040.html
Lighing Module (one for each light)
http://www.smarthome.com/2000mag.html
Appliance Module for the Samson
http://www.smarthome.com/2002.html
Really all you have to do, is hook them all up, set them on your choice of X-10 settings and off you go. You can do the same stuff w/o the pronto but you need a separate receiver module that plugs into the wall and another X-10 RF remote.
Let me know if you have any other questions.

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Where did you find that shelf system? It's really nice :) I currently have my components on a really crappy garage-style shelf and I really need to get something nicer. Since I'm in an apartment, I can't put in a wall rack system, so I want to get something that look nice, but has more than 4 shelves :p It seems everything I find doesn't have enough shelves. I'm not sure if I'd want the whole "over-the-TV" part, but it does look cool the way you have it set up.

RajeeK

Second Unit
All the shelving shown is from IKEA. It is called "Niklas". The middle shelves over the TV, I had to custom make to fit the TV. The original middle shelves were made for a 32" TV....the Horror. I purchased a large slab of wood and had it cut. Then I went to work, sanding, staining and varnishing. I am pretty proud of it. As I stated on the web page, the back right metal support posts have custom cut outs and reinforcements to support the receiver and cd player. They were too large. It is not noticiable at all, unless you peek behind the unit. I actually show people what I did in back just show off my work and sooth my ego ;) Thanks for the complements, they are appreciated. My next plan is to add outboard amplification, hopefully within the next year. It will be difficult to fit it into the sheving unit, but I took some crude measurements and I think I can do it.

RajeeK

Second Unit
Stumbled upon this thread from years ago. Bumping up with our new theater. Just click below.

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
First words out of my mouth when the screen loaded: holy shit. Incredibly well done. You must be thrilled. :emoji_thumbsup:

David Noll

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice! Beautiful woodwork. It is good to see quality home theaters being built.

Be sure to visit my link below.

David

Shane J

Stunt Coordinator
SO NICE!

What kind of wood did you use for the columns and what are they stained with?

Shane

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks