What's new

Home Theater Painting For Sale... (1 Viewer)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Howdi doo,

If anyone's interested, I've got this original retro styled theater print of The State movie house in Ithaca New York from 1940 (going by the Bette Davis flick on the marquee) painted by George H. Rothacker that's brand new in it's postage tube, numbered and signed:

To be honest, I'm not that crazy about it myself - It doesnt really go with the style of my condo but it's still beautiful and George is an amazingly talented artist. I'd previously purchased one other print of the Indiana Theater in Pennsylvania from him that I have framed and hanging beside my sofa in my home theater room that looks really great. But I realized that I'm crowding my walls and I've already spent more money tha I can afford on more expensive original pieces of art than I have room for.

So if anybody wants, I'm asking $40 for the above print. It's really nice, just not my style, but I can promise that it'll look really great nicely framed and matted, hanging in your home theaters.

Especially if you're a fa of Film Noir, Bette Davis or classic movies. A very nice piece.

Email or p.m. me through the forum if interested.

Thanks.

PS - If anyone would like to propose some offers in exchange for DVD titles, feel free... :)

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
No takers?

It's a really beautiful print that would loook fantastic in anybody's home theater.

I'd be willing to trade for 2 DVD's. :)

I paid about $60 for this shipped only last week and am not sure what to do with it. It's a shame because it's such a nice piece of art.

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
It is, indeed, beautiful Marco.

One thing you left out of the description is its size. Maybe that would help!

MarcoBiscotti

Senior HTF Member
Woops - sorry about that Mike!

It measures 18.25" x 23" and it's signed, titled and numbered.

Just to give you an idea of how great these paintings look, here's a picture of The Indiana Theater in Pennsylvania (which I have hanging in my home theater) matted and framed:

I should note that the above picture is not my actual painting, I spent a little more on the framing with a beautiful oak wood border and thick cream matting and it looks a thousand times nicer!

But this is just to give you an idea of how great these would compliment your theater / living rooms!

Cheers.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks