What's new

Home Theater Master MX-500 question (1 Viewer)

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator
Hi,

A few days ago I bought a HTM MX-500 remote control after reading a lot of people recommending it on this forum. After using it for a day, I have a question about a 'quirk' I observed on MX-500. I was wondering if it's something I need to look into. I finished programming it last night and left it on my sofa. Today when I picked it up, the light on the remote was on. Anyone know why the MX-500 light would turn on by itself? I didn't see the buttons touching any part of my sofa. Is the MX-500 defective and something I need to look into?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Garrett Adams

Supporting Actor

Yes, provided it come on by itself. I assume there are no other living things that could have touched it after you put it down on the sofa. Another possibility may be when you picked up later you inadvertently touched the light button.

David C Lin

Stunt Coordinator

No one else touched the remote since the night before when I left it. I know because I live by myself. Also, I didn't accidentally touch it and light up the remote. It was already lit when I walked into the living room to pick up the remote.

JasonMA

Stunt Coordinator
Are you sure the actual light was on, or was it just that you could read the LCD screen? The LCD never shuts off, it's always on. The light however does shut off by itself. You can adjust the time it stays on, but there is no setting to make it stay on indefinitely.

Check again to make sure that the light is off. No matter what though, you will always see information on the screen as it is always on.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks