Martin Dew

HTF News Editor
Reaction score
Real Name
Martin Dew
The further we delve into this home entertainment hobby, the more equipment we find we own, and the more maintenance it all requires. There are two great reasons to keep our TVs, projectors, receivers and speakers in tip-top condition. The first, of course, is to make our capital investments pay off, and save us from having to replace gadgets on a more frequent basis. The second is to keep everything looking as good and working as well as possible in the event that when we do decide to upgrade a component, we can confidently resell it via eBay, Craigslist, Audiogon or any other reputable trading hub. Sometimes it is equally satisfying to pass on used equipment in good condition to family or friends too.
Here is a breakdown of some good practices for maintaining pristine, shiny and fully-functioning AV equipment. We have divided the information into two areas for Part One of this series, namely ‘Boxes and Packaging’ and ‘Equipment Cleaning’. In the coming days, Part Two of this...
Continue reading...

John Dirk

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
JOHN
Great article. I always treat my HT equipment as if it will eventually be resold to someone just as discerning as myself. I apply the same philosophy to everything I buy or maintain. Pride of ownership.

Reactions: Martin Dew

Joe Lee

Auditioning
Reaction score
Real Name
Gueits Joe Lee
How often do you clean your Blu-ray Laser Lens?

John Dirk

Producer
Premium
Reaction score
Real Name
JOHN
Generally speaking, I don't. The exception would be if I'm experiencing playback issues. Aside from that I just make sure any disc I intend to insert is clean.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
savitritmneha