Home Theater Magazine Sub Review

Discussion in 'Speakers' started by Curt_Saw, Sep 6, 2003.

1. Curt_Saw

Curt_Saw Auditioning

Just wondering if anyone read the sub review in this months edition, what are your thoughts of the process, selections, results.

2. JoelM

JoelM Stunt Coordinator

I thought results were alright, but then again I own duel SVS 25-31's with a Sampson1000 amp. In all fairness he still has 4 more left to review and I'm interested in seeing what the Traid InRoom Silver(Sonotube) puts out.

3. Kevin C Brown

Kevin C Brown Producer

Good review. But I was disappointed, that IMO [​IMG], he didn't include any "real" subs. SVS, Hsu, Velodyne HGS (or the new direct digital drive or whatever), Paradigm Servo 15, James Loudspeaker, etc.

4. Luke D

Luke D Agent

I was reading the article last night. I have a feeling that they needed permission from the sub manufacture to put them in the article. I may be wrong. I was impressed with the review on the JBL sub.

5. Gabriel_Lam

Gabriel_Lam Screenwriter

I was surprised at the JBL as well, I didn't think it would do nearly as well as it did. The sadhara, no surprise. [​IMG]

6. Craig Morris

Craig Morris Stunt Coordinator

I was impressed with how flat the NHT measured. Max output doesn't interest me much... I have a small room and listen below reference level.