What's new

Home theater layout advice (1 Viewer)

tazmanyan

Auditioning
Real Name
Alex
Hi, I'm in the process of planning a home theater room in my basement. The layout and dimensions are a little bit tricky. The width of the room is 9 feet, while the wall along the garage is 12 feet, and the wide wall is 19 feet. Ceilings are 9 feet high.

I came up with 3 ideas for the layout (Layout C involves erecting a wall to create a closed room).

Which layout do you think makes most sense in order to obtain the best viewing and listening experience? I'm considering acquiring a 65" OLED or 75" regular 4K television, and a 5.1 channel surround sound system.

Thank you for your valuable input!

Attachments

• Layout.jpg
    Layout.jpg
    201.9 KB · Views: 107
  • Layout A.jpg
    Layout A.jpg
    202.8 KB · Views: 110
  • Layout B.jpg
    Layout B.jpg
    204.7 KB · Views: 112
  • Layout C.jpg
    Layout C.jpg
    208 KB · Views: 110

Dave Upton

Audiophile
Reviewer
Real Name
Dave Upton
Acoustically, Layout B is probably your best bet, though any of them could work with some treatment. Do you have any seating/space requirements that one of the layouts suits better?

Real Name
Jason Carney
100% layout B. My room is only 12 feet from screen to back wall and it's too close IMO but I'm stuck. If I could do it over I would get my seating further away from the screen. So yeah I would not set up your room sideways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks