1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home theater layout advice

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by tazmanyan, Jan 29, 2019.

1. tazmanyan

tazmanyan Auditioning

Alex
    Hi, I'm in the process of planning a home theater room in my basement. The layout and dimensions are a little bit tricky. The width of the room is 9 feet, while the wall along the garage is 12 feet, and the wide wall is 19 feet. Ceilings are 9 feet high.

I came up with 3 ideas for the layout (Layout C involves erecting a wall to create a closed room).

Which layout do you think makes most sense in order to obtain the best viewing and listening experience? I'm considering acquiring a 65" OLED or 75" regular 4K television, and a 5.1 channel surround sound system.

Thank you for your valuable input!

Attached Files:

2. Dave Upton

Dave Upton Audiophile
    Owner

Dave Upton
    Acoustically, Layout B is probably your best bet, though any of them could work with some treatment. Do you have any seating/space requirements that one of the layouts suits better?

3. Liquidsteam

Liquidsteam Extra

Jason Carney
    100% layout B. My room is only 12 feet from screen to back wall and it's too close IMO but I'm stuck. If I could do it over I would get my seating further away from the screen. So yeah I would not set up your room sideways.