What's new

Home Theater is no longer my #1 hobby (1 Viewer)

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
For the longest time HT was my #1 hobby, a good 8 years or so, at least. Well, it's taken a backseat, it's now #2. In fact I only watched one movie in my HT within the past 2 weeks.

I am now addicted to my new hobby, this...

I picked her up almost 3 weeks ago and cannot stay off the road. What funds I had set aside for HT have now been diverted to my MINI. I just bought a center armrest, a rear spoiler, some new bonnet decals are about to be ordered and last week I added the Hella 500 driving lights. More is coming as the funds roll in.

I am addicted to driving this thing, it is by far the most fun of any car / truck / SUV I have ever driven and I've driven a lot. I cannot stop wanting to get in and just Motor, no direction, no destination just go and keep going.

It's a 2003, 5-speed, MC in the British Racing Green. It took a while to find her but the wait paid off. She's in near perfect condition with only a few small dings. I also got a 4 year / 48k bumper-to-bumper warranty with her.

Hers's couple more pics for you viewing pleasure (before the addition of the driving lights).

I've also joined a couple MINI forums and looking into joining some local MINI clubs as well. This car is just too much fun! I still love Home Theater but damn I did not know this thing would be so addictive.

Anyone else have a car they just cannot stay out of?

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i don't have a car i can't stay out of (yet), but i'm glad you love your mini, because i'm giving serious thought to buying one.

CJ

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
No, at least not for several years. I thought about buying the "S" but before that came the color, I wanted British Racing Green and there were none to be found, also I wasn't going to buy new. Plus, better gas milage with this as well. I don't plan on doing any racing so that was yet another factor.

Kyle McCabe

Stunt Coordinator
I like it! I've always been a "big ugly truck" kinda guy, but I'm looking into a small car as my next vehicle purchase. That's pretty sweet looking!

I do have a motorcycle that I can't seem to stay off of. Probably to my demise.

Christ Reynolds

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
CJ
i'm not sure whether to get the S or not. the supercharger would be nice, but i'm not sure if it is worth the extra money to me. how much were the driving lights, and were they tough to put on?

CJ

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Like you Kyle, for almost all my life I've driven only trucks or SUVs, I'm tired of the BIG.

That was another factor Christ, price, the "S" was several thousand more. The driving lights I found at Walmart for $63. I built my own brackets using Simpson Strong Tie brackets from Home Depot. To buy the factor brackets that mount to the bonnett your looking at about $150. If I find some on the cheap I'll buy'em but not at that price.

My rear spoiler is being shipped Monday, this is one upgrade that I cannot wait to put on. Really adds to the look of the MINI.

JeremySt

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jeremy
Home Theater was my #1 hobby, now its my #3.

1. Motorcycle (Ducati)
2. Car (Audi)

Steve Ridges

Stunt Coordinator
I'm the same way with my Honda Ridgeline. I'm always looking for excuses to drive it and I spend WAY too much time on the forums. I find that a lot of people either love it or hate it...probably the same with the new mini. It's fun to have something a little different.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
While I haven't given up my ht love...I just picked up the Dodge Charger. It looks like this one. And I love.

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Brew is not really a hobby, more so a way of life.

Well, back to my MINI hobby. Got the OEM driving light brackets today so I spent the past couple hours attaching them to the bonnet and getting the lights wired up. Not operational yet, but soon.

Also, got the UPS tracking number for my rear spoiler, it'll be here Monday and my armrest should arrive any day now.

She's getting all dressed up. Next, new bonnet racing stripes.

Dave Simpson

Second Unit
What's all this "bonnet" business? Is that what the Mini crowd says to refer to the hood? Just wonderin'...Cheers.

DS.

mylan

Screenwriter
I hear ya Joseph, I had a 1989 5.0 LX that was my baby for 12 years until I needed an SUV. I love that commercial where the dad and his son are taking that blue one for a spin and the dad says "now thats what i'm talking about" it makes my heart go pitter patter. Now that i'm older and have a mortgage and other obligations, the closest I can come is to go sit in one and make motor noises with my mouth (sigh).

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay

The 'bonnet' is more of what the folks in England call "the hood" over here in the US, even though they are owned by BMW...;) though not sure if the German's use the term Bonnet too, I'm just familiar with it from the English perspective.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks