What's new

Home Theater In Progress (1 Viewer)

Wow, I didn't realize until today that HTF had a construction forum. Cool! :) Thought some of you might like to see my mess, er, construction that is currently going on.
Equipment set-up is:
Marquee 8500LC CRT with 8" tubes
Draper 92x52 Cineperm 16:9 1.3 gain
Speakers (?) still looking
Amp/Receiver Sony DB930
My HTPC for DVD, games and surfing
Lutron Grafik Eye for lighting control
Philips Pronto TSU-2000
Seating (probably rocker/recliners)
Wall Fabric: Guilford of Maine FR701 Amethyst (light purple) on top and Quartz (beige) on the bottom.
Here's the link: Link Removed
I'd be interested in your comments.
Thanks!
Shaun
------------------

ace peterson

Second Unit
Man, your theater went up fast! I should've contracted...
Looks great so far! Keep us posted with new pics.
One question, why did you mud and prime the drywall if you are covering it anyways?
ACE

Ace - I mudded and taped to keep the sound in. You see, my son's bedroom is on the other side of the screen wall. Hence the double wall, R-38, soundboard, etc. I wanted a tight room, if you know what I mean.
A better question I keep asking myself is why did I paint the front wall black, just to cover it with TheaterShield Plus.... I still can't answer that question with any logic. :) I guess I started painting and didn't stop until I ran out of paint. :D
I ordered carpet today so I need to finish the walls this weekend and get the baseboard installed.
BTW - I have a long detailed post running in the AVSForum, Theater Construction area, in case you want to read more history.
Enjoy.
Shaun
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks