Home Theater In Progress

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Shaun Pressley, Jun 19, 2001.

1. Shaun Pressley

Wow, I didn't realize until today that HTF had a construction forum. Cool! [​IMG] Thought some of you might like to see my mess, er, construction that is currently going on.
    Equipment set-up is:
    Marquee 8500LC CRT with 8" tubes
    Draper 92x52 Cineperm 16:9 1.3 gain
    Speakers (?) still looking
    Amp/Receiver Sony DB930
    My HTPC for DVD, games and surfing
    Lutron Grafik Eye for lighting control
    Philips Pronto TSU-2000
    Seating (probably rocker/recliners)
    Wall Fabric: Guilford of Maine FR701 Amethyst (light purple) on top and Quartz (beige) on the bottom.
    Here's the link: www.users.qwest.net/~shaunpressley
    I'd be interested in your comments.
    Thanks!
    Shaun
    ------------------

2. ace peterson

ace peterson Second Unit

Man, your theater went up fast! I should've contracted...
    Looks great so far! Keep us posted with new pics.
    One question, why did you mud and prime the drywall if you are covering it anyways?
    ACE

3. Shaun Pressley

Ace - I mudded and taped to keep the sound in. You see, my son's bedroom is on the other side of the screen wall. Hence the double wall, R-38, soundboard, etc. I wanted a tight room, if you know what I mean.
    A better question I keep asking myself is why did I paint the front wall black, just to cover it with TheaterShield Plus.... I still can't answer that question with any logic. [​IMG] I guess I started painting and didn't stop until I ran out of paint. [​IMG]
    I ordered carpet today so I need to finish the walls this weekend and get the baseboard installed.
    BTW - I have a long detailed post running in the AVSForum, Theater Construction area, in case you want to read more history.
    Enjoy.
    Shaun
    ------------------