Home Theater heaven... for now

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Scott Hayes, Jan 27, 2002.

1. Scott Hayes

Scott Hayes Second Unit

I remember my first home theater which I set up in my bedroom, a couple of old speaker, an ancient two channel reciever, an old zenith 19" color tv which I mowed lawns for a summer to buy used from a friend of my Dads along with an old top loading VHS player which he gave me with the tv. My dad hooked it all up and I was in heaven.

Then as I got better jobs and moved out on my own, I got a Denon pro logic receiver, Boston Acoustic shelf speakers and sub and a Sony 27" trinitron tv which I hung on to for a long time.

This past year I finally went with a Marantz digital receiver, Polk floorstanding speakers and 12" sub, a Mitsu 46"rptv and a Toshiba dvd player.

So as I am sitting watching SW EP 1 for the hundreth time and marveling at my electronic nirvana I began to wonder, what will be watching and listening on in five years, ten years, or twenty years. Will we have jack implanted in the back of our heads? Will the walls of our homes transmit sound or pictures? Maybe we will have holographic televitions.

Any one wish to make a guess?

2. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

the HOLO-DECK...
    'nuf said [​IMG]

3. Oliver Kopp

Oliver Kopp Stunt Coordinator

Oliver
    I always liked the idea of multimediaheadsets. Like in Strange Days or at the end of The 13th Floor. A Holodeck would be cool though [​IMG]

4. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

I want a HOVERBOARD! Wait...that ain't HT nirvana... [​IMG]
    Anywho, my HT heaven will be complete come the end of February when I purchase the components for my very first HT audio system.
    ...of course, that is until I end up drooling over the stuff that costs over $50,000.00 per component. [​IMG]