What's new

Home Theater Direct (1 Viewer)

JasonCramer

Auditioning
anyone have any experience with this company? i am seriously considering purchasing the Level III tower set (4 towers, center channel, and subwoofer) for $1,200. they look really nice and their specs are great for the pricerange. any feedback would be awesome.

Jeff Kiel

Grip
Don't have experience with that set, but I purchased a Level III center with 4 AL80 in walls for front and rear. The sound from the inwalls is good (I think it will get better if I build an enclosure for one of them) with music and VERY GOOD with HT. The center (which would be the same as yours) has excellent range.

As a company, they are excellent. Great service, will just talk to you about HT questions, etc. Plus, their "we pay return shipping" trial policy is hard to pass up.

Andy Sz

Grip
I just bought the Middies from HTD about 3 weeks ago and I love them -> the speakers and the company. Customer service is top notch and the speakers are quality. I don't think you'll be disappointed but the 30 day guarantee makes sure you won't be out of money....

Yousaf

Second Unit
I bought the HTD Level IV bookshelves...one of them didn't work, and the sound from the other one was pretty much outdone by my Acoustic Research AR15s. The finish was nice, but it just didn't make them worth it. At least they were quick to reply to my request for an RMA, but I have yet to receive the shipping label :frowning: :angry:

Jeffrey Forner

Screenwriter
Yousaf;

Did you ever try to get that broken speaker replaced before you sent them back? I can't imagine you would be able to get a good idea of what a speaker sounds like unless you have both of them working.

Yousaf

Second Unit
No, I found an EXCELLENT deal on a pair of older GR-Research A/V-1s ($250 for a pair in gloss black whereas they go for $230 for parts minus enclosures new) so I just went with those. Yeah, it might not have been the best thing to do but since the GR-Researches are pretty highly regarded I don't think that the HTDs would have bested them in anything other than looks anyway.

Oh, and when I say that the sound was better for the most part on my Acoustic Research speakers, I did only test with one speaker to give a fair comparison.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks