What's new

Home Theater Direct Speakers (1 Viewer)

Howard Cantor

Auditioning
Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and H/T in general and am starting to build my first h/t set up. I have spent a good amount of time on the net looking into different speakers and gone to the big box stores to hear what I can. I purchased an NAD T760 receiver and have a JVC DVD player. I have been reading reviews and was pointed in the direction of HTD for a surround sound set and noticed that they had the 2004 Level Three speakers (both towers and book shelf)on closeout. Does anyone have any experience with their products?

SethH

Senior HTF Member
I don't personally, but many people around here speak very highly of the HTD speakers. You might do a search on the forum if you don't get many responses soon.

Nhan_H

Second Unit
Definitely do a search, as there are quite a few posts from me and other people here. For their clearance price, they are definitely worth getting.

Tell us a little more about your room (volume, layout, composition), listening habits, and expectation.

HTD is a great company to deal with. They sell speakers internet-direct only.

GregUVA

Auditioning
My first set of HT speakers was an HTD Level One 5.1 set (now discontinued). Amazing sound for $150! I recently auditioned a pair of their new Level Threes with the ribbon tweeters. Loved the sound, but I found another pair of speakers that I liked just a wee bit more that cost a little bit less on Audiogon. So I sent the HTDs back, although I often find myself second-guessing that decision. At closeout/b-stock prices you would be hard-pressed to find speakers with warranties that sound as good for the price. And of course you get a 30-day in-home trial, and they'll pay for return shipping if you decide not to keep them. What is there to lose?

Chip_Slattery

Stunt Coordinator
Another HTD ownwer here. I've had their Level II 5.1 setup in my family room for a few years now. My opinion is that HTD offers a great bang-for-the-buck speaker. I'm still very satisfied with my purchase, and I'm sure the re-designed Level III's will far outshine my Level II's.

If they fit your budget and your needs I would have no problem recommending them.

Josh Lowe

Screenwriter
I've had a set of HTD Level 3 mains, center, and surrounds for over 3 years now. They have been excellent speakers for the price. The subwoofer, however, is not what I would consider up to scratch. I had one fail and then replaced the second one with an SVS.

My center channel recently took a header onto the floor (thanks, cat) and the tweeter did not survive. I wouldn't expect it to, however. I'm looking at replacing it with something a little smaller and lighter - if the speaker had fallen on kitty, kitty would not have survived.

Nhan_H

Second Unit

The newer subs (they've had like 2 or 3 newer versions now) are much better than the original ones.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks