Home Theater Direct Level III Main Towers: Opinions?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Alf S, Aug 20, 2001.

1. Alf S

Alf S Cinematographer

Apr 23, 2000
    I tried doing a search on these, but it's not working tonight so I'll ask you for your thoughts.
    Thanks to Joel's CHT site, I stumbled on the HTD Level Three tower speakers. My wife wants me to replace my Infinity 2000.1 bookshelf speakers (new baby on the way, don't want them tipping over) with some more sturdy speakers, I think the HTD speakers will work great for us.
    Joel's review was done w/ the Outlaw 1050 and Sony SA-WM 40 both of which I own, and the reviews were pretty favorable.
    My question is, does anyone else have first hand experience with these TOWER's? If so what are your thoughts so far?
    For the price, they seem to be a great deal.
    Thanks in advance
    Check out my new Home Theater site and my NEW HT 6.1 Pic's at The Enormodome
    Join my new Yahoo "Club Enormodome" for LIVE HT and DVD chats at: Club Enormodome
  2. BryanZ

BryanZ Screenwriter

Dec 18, 2000
    Got a better idea for you. New stands. Sand and lead shot fillable. Just make sure you get as big a top as possible. This will prevent the baby from knocking them over and you could then upgrade your current Infinities to other bookshelf type speakers, be it nOrh, B&W, ACI, etc. If she insists on towers, then the HTD ones should be good to get. However, the first option would be better stands. Even then you still have at least 4 - 6 months before you have to get either.
  3. Greg_Bedard

Greg_Bedard Agent

Jun 6, 2001
    I highly recommend them. They put out a great, warm sound and also deliver great bass (I don't even use my sub). And they are very sturdy.
    I think you'll be very happy. And if you aren't, just send them back and get your money back!