Home Theater Direct Experience

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Mark Richter, Mar 12, 2002.

1. Mark Richter

Mark Richter Stunt Coordinator

I am going to relate the wonderful experience I had with HTD. I called HTD last Wednesday 3/6/02 and talked to Chris. I told him what I was looking for in a speaker and he guided me to the Level 3 bookshelfs. He told me that if I was not 100% satisified that I could return them at HIS expense since it was my first time.[​IMG] I had told him about the people here that have raved about them.[​IMG] I also said that I was also looking into Monitor Audio Bronze 2 speakers also with Boston CR75's. He said take them into your house try them out and compare them to the Boston's and Monitor's.
    I gave them my info and had to wait what seemed like forever but was only 6 days. Tracking numbers and all were provided by HTD. (Excellent job. Very Professional)
    Today I get these in work and the box is creased on the corner. I open the box and there is a 2mm by 5in scratch in the bottom of one of the speakers. The other speaker has the corner smashed in. (Thank you UPS!!) I called Chris and told him of the problem. First off he offers me $25 for the inconvience and offers to send me another pair of speakers shipped with a prepaid label so I can send them back at their expense.
    All in all an EXCELLENT company. the speakers work and sound WONDERFUL. IMHO, nearly as good as the Monitors for half the price. (Just a little softer in the midrange for the Monitors) Not as bright as the Bostons but teriffic none the less.
    [​IMG] [​IMG] Chris, if you read this, THANK YOU AGAIN for the WONDERFUL service and support. I am going to recommend these to people that are looking for speakers. A lot better than the mass marketed speakers from Circuit City and Best Buy. If they sold these there, IMHO, Bose will have a LOT of competition. [​IMG] [​IMG]
    Thanks for your time reading this.
    Mark Richter

2. JohnnyHK

JohnnyHK Stunt Coordinator

Thanks for sharing your experience, Mark. I love the way the Internet is creating the entirely new niche of audio equipment manufacturers that sell direct, and completely cut out the brick & mortar overhead. The reason it works is because of forums like this where people can share experiences and ensure that quality ones (e.g. SVS, HTD, Swans and Outlaw) get enough momentum to thrive.

John

3. Jeffrey Forner

Jeffrey Forner Screenwriter

Mark;
    The only regret I have about your experience is that you did not buy those HTD speakers from ME! [​IMG]
    Anyway, I'm glad to hear you're enjoying the new speakers. They really do offer a lot of bang for what you pay.

4. Jeff_E

Jeff_E Extra

I am another pleased HTD customer. I rcvd the level 3 5.1 set up and the sub was damaged during shipping. They did the same thing for me. They quickly sent me a new sub with a prepaid shipping label to return the old sub.

The speakers sound great and I have never had a company stand behind their product like HTD has. I will buy from them in the future for sure.