What's new

Home Theater Cruise (1 Viewer)

PatrickM

Screenwriter
Maybe I'm jumping the gun but anyone been over to AVS Forums lately? They've announced a Home Theater Cruise 2002 and Ron and Parker and the HTF are supposedly attending.
Anyone here going? Its for November 2002 on a big, big ship.
Patrick
------------------
If you live in Vancouver, B.C. or the surrounding areas, take a look at the Local Home Theater Forum Meets section for a Vancouver meet.
My DVD Collection

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Yeah, i saw it at AVS... but im 15, and i have $100 in my bank account...
biggrin.gif

------------------

Kevin Coleman

Second Unit
I really wanted to go but for my Wife and I and our daughter, with airfare it would have run me about 4000.00 bucks to go.
crazy.gif
I can do alot of upgrades to the Home Theater for that. I will probably go to the California meet sometime to see the studios. I definitely do want to meet other forum members.
Kevin C. :)

brentl

Senior HTF Member
Lots of affluent people on these sites, hard workers most of em I'm sure.
I'm with the poor people now . 1 disc in the last month.
Brent L

Parker Clack

Schizophrenic Man
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Parker
We will be doing an official announcement about this on this site after we all get back from LA.
Parker

RicP

Screenwriter
I'm already booked, but I was holding off talking about it until Ron & Parker were able to make the official announcement. :)
Should be a blast.
------------------
http://www.ricperrott.com
Ric Perrott - My DVD's
[Edited last by RicP on August 28, 2001 at 11:34 AM]

Scott_G

Second Unit
I just got off that boat early this month. It's a monster. I mean how many ships have an ice skating rink !
Full size basketball court - putt putt course, inline skating area. The "Chamber" adult dance club runs way into the early morning.
It holds close to 5,000 people counting the crew.
Anybody that wants a great trip - go for it !!

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
How about internet access (on the ship, that is?)
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

Mike I

Supporting Actor
I have been on quite a few Royal Caribbean ships..They all have internet access but it will cost you..Real exspensive, something like 7 bucks a minute..
------------------
[Edited last by Mike I on August 29, 2001 at 07:39 AM]

David Bott

Agent
Hi All...
Yes, this is turing out to be great, for booking is going very well I am happy to report.
As far as Internet access, you can have access directly in your cabin for $100 all week...Unlimited...if you bring a notebook with a modem. (I will be doing this.) They also have Internet terminals at $.50 a min. The big bucks they get is for a voice phone call at $9 a min.
Hope this helps.
------------------
David Bott
AVS Forum Admin http://www.avsforum.com
[Edited last by David Bott on August 29, 2001 at 08:26 AM]

RAF

Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
As far as Internet access, you can have access directly in your cabin for $100 all week...Unlimited
You've answered my one question. I guess I can leave the firewood and the blankets for the smoke signals at home!
laugh.gif

Anyway, how are we going to handle the "cold turkey" aspect of being away from our Home Theaters?
wink.gif

Looking forward to what promises to be a great week.
------------------
RAF
[Demented Video Dude since 1997]
[Computer Maven since 1956]
["PITA" since 1942]
Link Removed

David Bott

Agent
Simple...We will all be doing what we love to do...That is, talking about our theaters! LOL
"And here is a photo of my wife...my dog...my theater...oh ya, and my childern."

Kevin P

Screenwriter
I've been toying with going on this cruise. My wife and I did an Alaska cruise in July and had a wonderful time.
Anyway, how are we going to handle the "cold turkey" aspect of being away from our Home Theaters?
There will be movie theaters and real theaters (as in live performers) on the ship. As great as HT is, there's nothing like a LIVE performance!
I bet they'll have some demo rooms set up too. Maybe they can get some folks from Outlaw to do a presentation. :)
KJP

David Bott

Agent
"I bet they'll have some demo rooms set up too. Maybe they can get some folks from Outlaw to do a presentation."
Sorry to say not likley. Reason is, it is not like just bring gear to a hotel to set up. It would have to be gotten board the ship somehow and clear customs. Thus a real nightmare in this case.

AdrianJ

Supporting Actor
Well, it is a short drive to Miami. I'll have to think about it, but I guess these prices are based on double occupancy and well, I don't know anyone else that would want to go.
As for the equipment, I don't see why it would have to clear customs if it never leaves the ship. It could be loaded in Miami and then unloaded in Miami. Unless I'm missing something that is specific to cruises, I don't see a problem.
------------------
photo11.jpg

Adrian Jones

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I am seriously thinking about going. I'm going to the Sept. Meet and wouldn't mind going on this cruise to see you people again! :)
I just want to know If there will be any good looking ladies on board :)
------------------

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks