What's new

Home Theater Chairs (1 Viewer)

Bill*L

Grip
Can someone advise me as to where I can get some home theater chairs. I would like to get the ones that are typically seen in the nicer commercial theaters. Is there a web site that offers these at reasonable prices?

Thanks,

Bill

JamesDrake

Agent
I saw some leather recliners that were attachable to each other at Dillard's for $699. I don't know if that is reasonable or not. They were rather comfortable too with cup holders built in to the arms.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Chip,
WAZzuuuP! neighbor.
Hey How come you didn't mention my theater sectional. Don't worry I'm not mad no on ever mentions mine.

Bill*L,
I am about to toot my own horn....TOOT...TOOT.
Hey check out the pictures of my seating on my webpage.
http://home.comcast.net/~coin-opcollector/new.html
It's just a cheaper alternative to those theater chairs that Chip and James were talking about

Just my 2 cents
Ed

Ron-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ron
Bill, also check all your local theaters. They might have some good info for you. I picked mine up for free and gave them a complete overhaul.

Nice seating Ed :emoji_thumbsup: One suggestion though. Resize those image files, they are huge and take quite a while to download even with my DSL.

Peace Out~:D

JamesDrake

Agent
ebay also had quite a selection of regular theater chair seating. I am hoping to get a row of 4 down the road.

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Ron,

I would love to but I just learned how to do that last week and I had problems doing that I am looking into it.

BTW- Are you busy in May or June of next year?

Signed
ED

Ed O'Neill

Second Unit
Ron,

I am sick of going to disney world so for a change we are going to disney land in may/june of next year.I see you like beer,so maybe we can hook up while I'm there. I'll just have to ditch the wife and son for a few hours...LOL

Signed
Ed

DaleBesh

Stunt Coordinator
I am quite happy with my Godfather seats from

www.4seating.com

But they are made to order, so it takes a while to get them. I don't think they are a big bargain now, especially since LazyBoy has come out with a new line (that includes cupholders) and their prices seem much more reasonable than they were in the past.
Probably the way I would go to today for comfortable theater furniture of good quality, vs. these specialty HT websites. And you can see them first hand, and be able to lug them home.
Of course, I am not talking about genuine theater seats, as many of you are into. That is a whole different thing altogether for those with a dedicated HT room.

I don't see the latest line of LazyBoy on their website. But I remember 'for each' chair prices in the neighborhood of $600 to $1500 as they were advertised locally, depending on options including a power recline system.

Mark Shannon

Screenwriter
Not sure if this would be what you're looking for, but Ikea has some nice chairs, the POÄNG line. The prices, on the website, by the way, are in Canadian. I'm sure you could find them in US.

There's another member of the forum (can't remember his/her name) that uses four of these in their front row. You might want to ask them for opinions.

JayPo

Stunt Coordinator
Hey Bill,

Here's the LaZBoy line that Dale was refering to:
(can't post a link yet ... put www in front) lazboy.com/ourfurniture/hometheater.asp

I got a set of three, no power recline, fabric, for under $1800 ... just to give you an idea. Cupholders are great, chairs are very comfortable.

Good luck.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks