What's new

Home Theater Automation (1 Viewer)

ChadF

Grip
Just barely getting my feet wet into this whole HT thing and I must say it has definitely become a pleasant addiction!

I'd like to know if anyone out there would like to share any of their systems that have some sort of automation built in. I recently purchased a HAL Deluxe Kit and would like to know if anyone is using any type of unique HAL or X-10 setup to add a little something extra to the experience.

Chris Luebbe

Auditioning
Well, I haven't started my HT yet, but I have some ideas as to what I would want automated in my setup.
  • I want my front projector to drop down out of the ceiling when in use so that when it's not in use, the mounting platform is flush with the ceiling.
  • Ideally, I would like the projection screen to drop down out of the ceiling as well, but I don't know enough about the high-end screens to know if this is even possible or not (rolling them to conserve space?).
  • If I don't automate the screen, I would want to have automated curtains in front of the screen (as a quasi-safety measure).
That's all I can think of right now. The only other thing would be to have the dimmers on the room lighting automated and synced with the start of a movie.
Looking forward to starting my HT project toward the end of 2003,
Chris

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I use a Phillips Pronto Pro TSU6000 Remote and I have
an X-10 IR543 in the A/V Rack and a bunch of X-10 Lamp
Modules in the room.

I have a Macro on the Pronto Pro that turns everything on
switches to the appropriate modes, turns up the volume
starts the DVD and turns off all the lights then turns on
my 2 "Spider" Lamps (5 headed Brass Lamps that stetch out
across the ceiling) and then it dims them to an appropriate
level.

I also need to get an apliance module and a motor to close
my Levolor Vertical Blinds across the 10' window in the
livingroom (also will be programmed into the Macro)

Jens Raethel

Second Unit
Real Name
Jens
In my theater I have a remote controlled Futronix dimmer that is programmed to my Pronto.
Infront of the screen I have a motorized red velvet curtain.
The Screen has a electric, remote controlled masking system.
I really like all those electric gadgets!:)

ChadF

Grip
Amazing setup Jens! You have really outdone yourself. I'd go to Cinemax over any public theater. :emoji_thumbsup:

Bud Huey

Stunt Coordinator
Can anyone help me with some recommendations on how to automate the curtain in front of my screen? I found a $600 solution, but there has to be a better - meaning cheaper - alternative.

Thanks,
Bud

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks