Home Stretch for my Home Theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Mark Maltais, Aug 30, 2004.

1. Mark Maltais

Mark Maltais Stunt Coordinator

Feb 13, 2002
    Well I'm getting close to getting it done. Finally got the projector, screen and painting done. Need new speakers and theater seats, then a leather couch behind the seats on a 12" riser. I'm going to build oak cabinets for the equipment and oak shelves for the DVD's this winter in my shop. But it's finally now to the point that it's very enjoyable. Most of my buddies are blown away by the picture. First movie was Return of the King and after watching it first on my 55" toshiba then on the 120" screen I can honestly say the thing blew us away. Can't beat the X1 for the money that's for sure.

You can check it out here.

My Home Theater

Click on the HOBBIES link and then HOME THEATER. There is more info on the site about future upgrades.

Like to know what you guys think or any tips you have for future improvements. Keep in mind it's a work in progress but should be completed over the winter.

Don't mind the website too much. I just put it together a short time ago and it's still not fully "polished".
  2. Tom D

Tom D Stunt Coordinator

Oct 29, 2000
    Hi Mark, your site and theater are looking good. Keep the pix coming as you update your theater. What kind of speakers are you looking at?

Regards, Tom