What's new

Home Streaming solution (1 Viewer)

frtrack

Auditioning
Real Name
Karl
Hi,

I never watch TV, but for years I watch Youtube, Netflix, BBC player etc. on my laptop. I finally have some space in my new apartment and want to get something to primarily watch videos on it, but don't want to buy a TV if I'm not going to use the TV function anyway.

The following solutions I have in mind so far:
  • Samsung Galaxy View
  • (Full HD / 4k?) Monitor with ROKU stick / Chromecast or Rasberry Pi
  • (Full HD / 4k?) Monitor & Chromebox connected to it
  • All-in-One PC or Chromebase All-in-One device
Any suggestions? Anything I forgot on my list?

Thanks.

frtrack

Auditioning
Real Name
Karl
Added to the list, thanks. How is the integration of Apple TV with Music streaming, like Spotify or Google Music? I have often Music running when I'm at home and cook or so, and just figured out I may want to stream Music as well as Video with the solution.

I'm about to kill the All-in-One PC from the list. They are expensive and not easy to upgrade, while buying a new Chromecast stick or Raspberry Pi is a nobrainer if something better comes out. Same goes for the Galaxy View, due to full Android and Apps it is probably the most flexible solution on the list, but it has the same problems as the All-in-One PC.

Dave Scarpa

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Scarpa
Probably best to buy a 4K monitor, even thou i'm a Apple TV user I say go with a roku 4 which will support it now and in the future and give you access to pretty much any streaming app you may need

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks