What's new

Home popcorn machines. Function not fashion. (1 Viewer)

Brian.Huep

Agent
Hello all,

I am looking for info on how to make great tasting theater popcorn at home. All the links I am hitting either sell the large $400+ machines, or the $29 pan popper thing. I was hopeing to hear what some of you use?

I am looking for a smaller convienient machine, that can use pre measured packs. Are there any recipe places? What small home machines (Stovetop or standalone) would provide good tasting buttery popcorn?

It will not be in my home theater, as there is no good spot to put it, so I do not care what it looks like. Just small, easy, and good taste.

Any imput is greatly appreciated. Especially links, brand names for good corn.

Brian

Chu Gai

Senior HTF Member
Well I'm not a fan of popcorn, but I tell you, that PopSecret Kettle Corn (microwave) is something else. Hardly any unpopped kernels and the flavor is remarkable.

Brian.Huep

Agent
I found a pot that looks exactly like the whirley popper one. I must say, I made some darn good popcorn. I purchased the oil/flavoring/butter from a local theater supply place. So it tastes just like the theater close to home. Easy to make as well.

I recommend it to anyone who doesnt want to spend 400 on a machine, or someone who just doesnt have the room.

Thanks.. I am going to pick up some of that pop secret kettle corn and give it a whirl as well. The good stuff will be for when we have quests.

Thanks for the tip Chu

Joe Szott

Screenwriter
Real Name
Joe S.
My 10 quart pan with a little veggie oil and good old Orville Reddenbacher's best kernals. I shake it around, it pops, add butter/salt, tastes better than anything I've ever had in a theater.

Don't believe the hype ;)

Brian.Huep

Agent
I agree Joe Szott, but I am recreating theater feel here =)

They all want the over buttered soggy, salty very unhealthy mush.

It will only be for guests lol. As are the tubs.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks