What's new

Home Page Problem (1 Viewer)

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Came in via hometheaterforum.com. Then choose non-flash. The main home page only loaded the top section, including Ron's Review box, then nothing else. Tried several ties, it kept saying DONE, but that is all it would load.

So to get in I clicked on a review, then have been using the forum jump, from there.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Same problem over here. I had to hit View New Posts, then hit a forum link from the search page. Something is broke... :b

KJP

Vince Maskeeper

Senior HTF Member
Yep- the new banner for the Star Wars campaign has something wrong in the HTML- the page seems to stop loading there. I imagine hundreds are having this problem, but don't have any way to access this forum to post a complaint.

-vince

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I came here to post the same problem. Glad to know it wasn't just me.

It does this using IE 5.5 but works fine when I load with netscape 4.8. Haven't tried any other browser.

Tim Hoover

Screenwriter
I'm having the exact same experience as John at the top of the page, including the method of getting around...

Adam Tyner

Screenwriter
I'm relying on Internet Explorer auto-filling the URL, selecting one of the forums at random, and hopping around from there. So it works in Netscape but doesn't in IE? I think that'd be a first. :D

Lee L

Supporting Actor
I had recently loaded Mozilla just to see what it could do. I does load the HTF home page right now.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I use IE, and just came back into the forum, since my first experience this morning. Got the same result as above!

Wesley S

Stunt Coordinator
I wonder if any Admins have read this or been notified. Not sure if they read here often. But I'm sure as I believe most use IE for their browsing.

Steve Owen

Second Unit
I can confirm that it's OK with Mozilla 1.2.1 and Opera 5.12 (both on Windows 2K), but it's not OK with Internet Explorer 5.5 or 6.0. On IE, it stops loading right after the Star Wars banner.

-Steve

Jed M

Senior HTF Member
Can I join this love fest? Neither my IE 6.0 or SBC Browser work. Damn Star Wars banner. I wonder if this is just another part of George Lucas's sinister plot to ruin dvd junkies lives?

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Also have this problem with IE6 (whatever the latest SP is). However the page does load fine with Opera 7.02 and Netscape 7 (7.01 I believe).

PaulT

Supporting Actor
Netscape 4.79 is fine here, IE 6 bombs. Came in the back door with IE before I decided to try Netscape again. Only use IE for the preview feature anyways.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks