Home On The Range From Disney

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Peter Kline, Nov 12, 2003.

1. Peter Kline

Peter Kline Cinematographer

Despite proclamations that 2D Animation is dead, the current "Brother Bear" is doing fine, thank you. Many reviewers have incorrectly stated that this is the last of the 2D films from Disney. As any of you know who purchased the "Nemo" DVD, there is at least one more theatrical feature coming in April from Disney.

Here is the first poster for the PG rated film.

2. Phil Carter

Phil Carter Second Unit

Phil
    Yes, but unfortunately "Home on the Range" looks like a terrible, terrible film. Bad artwork, sub-par voice acting, a color palette that clashes, hackneyed plot. And this is just what I get from the two-minute trailer.

Your mileage may vary, of course; but I think "Home on the Range" is a sad way to be closing out the Disney traditional ink n' paint division. At least if they had ended it with "Treasure Planet" or even "Atlantis" they could have ended on a high note.

(Disclaimer: I haven't seen "Brother Bear" yet. Planning to see it this weekend).

cheers,
    Phil

3. Peter Kline

Phil,

I wouldn't make that quick a judgement on a film from a eartly two minute trailer. You might, but not me! I'll actually wait until the film comes out before making any comment. [​IMG]

Peter

P.S. "Oh, give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of *dirt". (*cleaned up a bit).

4. TheLongshot

TheLongshot Producer

It at least looks more original than "Brother Bear". I do think the animation style is going to take a little getting used to, tho.

After looking it up, yep, that was Judi Dench's voice I heard. I thought it sounded familiar... [​IMG]

Jason

5. Peter Kline

Dame Judi !

6. Phil Carter

Phil Carter Second Unit

Phil

7. Luis Esp

Luis Esp Supporting Actor

Strange how the farmer in the movie looks like Stinky Pete from Toy Story 2.