1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Movies S.2...News?!?, Anybody?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by CaseyL, Mar 19, 2005.

1. CaseyL

CaseyL Supporting Actor

Are we ever going to see this, or are we just going to be taunted with season 1?

2. Alex Wagner

Alex Wagner Stunt Coordinator

3. Brad Grenz

Brad Grenz Second Unit

This stealthed its way onto shelves under my radio a few weeks back, but I did pick it up last week. It's a great set. The squiggle vision is gone, which is nice, and some really cool special features. H Jon. Benjamin is MIA from the commentaries and extra, but the Voice of Mellisa, Mellisa Galsky steps in to add her perspecitve (and now I've totally got a crush on her). They didn't record a commentary on every episode like last time, but that's probably good as they seemed to get pretty bored 2/3rds of the way into Season 1. There's a nifty demonstration of the audio editing process with Loren Bouchard showing how they stitch different takes and improvisations together. Also included is a lesson on how to play the theme by Brendon Small and full recordings of a couple songs he wrote for the show. There are animatic versions of some episode including animator commentaries, but I haven't listened to those yet. Priced very resonably this set is a no brainer for anyone who liked the show. Pick up two copies while you're at it, I want to make sure the 3rd and 4th season make it to market!

4. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Oh my God, I didn't think it was on dvd yet. I checked a long time ago and they said they were thinking about releasing the show on dvd. Man, I guess I've been out the loop for a while. Looks like I can finally take Home Movies off my DVR and free up that space!!

5. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

Yea, i picked this up a few days ago, along with season 1. Its a great show. That Coach Mcgirk .. hillarious. No more squiggle vision on season 2. [​IMG]