What's new

home made speakers for music (1 Viewer)

JamesF

Grip
is there any good sites for help on this and softare thats easy to use for noobs.
i was looking at useing vifa 1 inch D27TG-05-06 for tweeter and 2 vifa 6.5 inch M18WO-09-08
Does anyone know where to get specs for these
I was wondering what people thought of these drivers and where to cross over at??
i have towers with 4 mids 5 inch and a tweeter and was wondering if more drivers will give me a more full sound to fill the room or will the above selection be ok.
could i possible run the same as my original speakers ie m,t,m,m,m will this be ok , my original speakers are going to rears and i want to make a very musical pair of fronts
any help would be greatly appreciated

I posted this in wrong place before sorry

TimForman

Supporting Actor
My preference for music speakers these days are full-range drivers. I'd recommend checking into EJ Jordan drivers or possibly Fostex. For low cost alternatives look at the Tangband W3-871S. Amazing little speaker. I put four of them into a tower and could listen to them for hours.

JamesF

Grip
the only problem i have is , they have to be available in australia, which limits me to peerless,vifa,scan-speak

Chris Tsutsui

Screenwriter
I found that building a speaker is a lot more difficult to get perfect than it seems. I recommend going with a kit or proven crossover design from the web. Then buy the drivers and components and there'll be less risk involved.

Even if you use a high quality Vifa Driver, one simple mistake could make it sound very bad.

An easy and good sounding first project is using a full range driver like the Jordan JX92S if those are available.

TimForman

Supporting Actor
There is a distributor for Fostex in OZ. This link takes you to their site. You'll have to e-mail them for specific info as their Fostex link takes you to the Fostex International site. The FE103 is a great little speaker. Lots of construction info at full range forum.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks