Home made short films?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Wes, Mar 11, 2003.

1. Wes

Wes Screenwriter

Sep 30, 1997
    Wes Peterson
    Just was wondering if any one else has taken their camcorder and made any short films just for fun?
    My two oldest boys (9 and 11)and I have made 3 shorts to date and are working on "The Flight" a new screen play if you will!
    My 9 year old writes the stories and scripts, the 11 year old acts with the 9 year old and I am the director and cinematographer (camera man). My 9 year old made up the movie company name which is called "Big Bad Productions" "Big Bad Bear" has been his nick name I gave him sense birth.

The movies to date are:

The Ax Man: A crazed guy weilding an ax, a slasher movie made up camping.

The Shadow: A mysterious shadow that sneaks up on unsuspecting victims. Also made up camping.

Ghost Within The Walls: A ghost that haunts a young boy as he is alone in the house.

You can see what types of movie they like to watch, although I will not let them watch slasher flix. We make these with no other equipment other than a Hi8 camcorder. Editing is a challenge as you could imagine but it makes for some laughs during playback.

Oh, they are all shot in widescreen also!

2. VinhT

VinhT Second Unit

Feb 14, 2002
    My friends and I created quite a number of short films during high school, but I don't think they have the typical home-made feel. We used a digital video camera, imported the footage, edited it, and did post-production work. Sadly, we've grown apart during our college years, so we no longer get together to make little movies. It was definitely fun back in the day though.