What's new

Home Improvement: subtitles? (1 Viewer)

Wezzo

Second Unit
Here's the deal. I've bought the R2 editions of Home Improvement S1-3, all of which came with English subtitles (which I like to have). Buena Vista UK have now, however, pulled the plug on future Home Improvement releases in the UK; so I'll be getting the R1 S4+ releases.

My question to you guys is, do seasons 1-3 in R1 have subtitles in English? (That should be a good indicator of whether S4+ will).

Closed captions are no good to me in the UK; they must be an actual subtitle track.

I ask here as places around the Internet give me conflicting answers; TVShowsonDVD.com says none/unknown as does Amazon, but other reviews say they do have subtitles.

Any help appreciated.

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
Buena Vista UK are terrible, Golden Girls and Home Improvement gone - what are they thinking? I suppose it doesn't help we air them uncut. They are popular shows here, GG on LivingTV and HI on ABC1.

Wezzo

Second Unit
Yeah, it's ridiculous. I know many people that enjoy the shows and several that collect them on DVD (in the UK).

The lack of promotion here for those sets doesn't help, either.

Buddy I

Agent
I have all three R1 releases, but I've never used he subtitles. I checked the packaging, and nothing is listed as having English subtitles. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Buddy

Wezzo

Second Unit
Thanks for the responses guys. :)

Buddy: perhaps you could stick a disc in and check (just in case)?

Justin: Sounds promising.. were they mentioned in the press release or something?

Justin_M

Agent
Wesley,
I have an inside source that "tests" the DVDs. All four seasons of Home Improvement do have English SDH...it was not listed on Season 1 or 2, but SDH is listed on the back of Season 3.

OXonce

Wezzo

Second Unit
Justin,

Great! Thanks very much for letting me know. It's very much appreciated. :)

Thanks for everyone else's replies too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks