Home Improvement: subtitles?

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Wezzo, Apr 3, 2006.

1. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Here's the deal. I've bought the R2 editions of Home Improvement S1-3, all of which came with English subtitles (which I like to have). Buena Vista UK have now, however, pulled the plug on future Home Improvement releases in the UK; so I'll be getting the R1 S4+ releases.

My question to you guys is, do seasons 1-3 in R1 have subtitles in English? (That should be a good indicator of whether S4+ will).

Closed captions are no good to me in the UK; they must be an actual subtitle track.

I ask here as places around the Internet give me conflicting answers; TVShowsonDVD.com says none/unknown as does Amazon, but other reviews say they do have subtitles.

Any help appreciated.

2. RoryR

RoryR Stunt Coordinator

Buena Vista UK are terrible, Golden Girls and Home Improvement gone - what are they thinking? I suppose it doesn't help we air them uncut. They are popular shows here, GG on LivingTV and HI on ABC1.

3. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Yeah, it's ridiculous. I know many people that enjoy the shows and several that collect them on DVD (in the UK).

The lack of promotion here for those sets doesn't help, either.

4. Buddy I

Buddy I Agent

I have all three R1 releases, but I've never used he subtitles. I checked the packaging, and nothing is listed as having English subtitles. Sorry I couldn't be of more help!

Buddy

5. Justin_M

Justin_M Agent

Season 4 of Home Improvement DOES have English SDH.

OXonce

6. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Thanks for the responses guys. [​IMG]

Buddy: perhaps you could stick a disc in and check (just in case)?

Justin: Sounds promising.. were they mentioned in the press release or something?

7. Justin_M

Justin_M Agent

Wesley,
    I have an inside source that "tests" the DVDs. All four seasons of Home Improvement do have English SDH...it was not listed on Season 1 or 2, but SDH is listed on the back of Season 3.

OXonce

8. Wezzo

Wezzo Second Unit

Justin,

Great! Thanks very much for letting me know. It's very much appreciated. [​IMG]

Thanks for everyone else's replies too.