What's new

Home Improvement/decor: doorway or entry beads? (1 Viewer)

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Divorced dad of two daughters; I just moved into an apartment with two bedrooms and a "bonus" room. The girls share a bedroom, and the bonus room is for their use, too. Only problem is that it doesn't have a door!

My daughters really like the idea of having beads or something similar in the doorway; it's cheesy to me, but it's their space, so I'm happy to help. Only problem is I have NO idea where to find something like this. We looked around at Target and Wal-Mart, but found nothing.

Any HTFers know where I might find some? B&M is fine, online is fine. I don't even know what to call them to look for them online.

Whatever help or tips you can give is appreciated.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Google is your friend!:

http://didyousay.com/

I did a google search for "Door beads" and seems they can be called that or "bead(ed) curtains"

I just cut and paste a link from the first link Google returned but I can see many others...

Groovy! :D

Jay

Chris_Morris

Screenwriter
Not all beaded curtains are cheesy. We bought two sets at the beach in the last few years, one going from our living room to dining room, the other into the pantry area because doors got in the way. They are painted bamboo, not the plastic "70's" style beads, with palm tree designs to match our decor. At times, orientaltrading.com has them, but the biggest selection seems to be at www.thebeadedcurtain.com with everything from the old style, to painted wood.

David Williams

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David Williams
If you're looking for B&M stores, I'd try Bed, Bath & Beyond, Linens & Things or the mall store Romancing the Stone.

Michael:M

Supporting Actor
Thanks to all for the help. A friend here at work also pointed me to The Oriental Trading Company, which has some next to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks