What's new

Home Depot doesn't cut MDF anymore? (1 Viewer)

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
After 2 unsuccessfull tries at Home Depot, I decided to go to Lowe today. The guy there was really nice. He informed me that the saw isn't 100% precise, it needs a service... And asked me if I want to cut anyway. I gave him my layout and he measured and included 1/8" extra for the saw blade. Everything came out to be very good. It took him 45 mins to completely cut everything. Now all I need is a hole for the driver and 8 more holes for the braces then I am all set... So far my project is at least have some progress... :)

Alex,

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
I had to stop by Home Depot after work today. I stopped by the lumber area to ask if they still cut MDF and before I could ask, there was a guy cutting a bunch of it for a customer.

ChristopherD

Stunt Coordinator
I find that the guys at Lowes will go out of their way to be helpful. After waiting around HD for 25 min for help I left and went to Lowes. There, the guy actually seemed happy to load twenty-four 80 lb. bags of concrete for me.

Alex_P

Stunt Coordinator
Mark,

I'm in Southern California. Maybe HD down here just started to stop cutting MDF boards. Anyway, I'm happy w/ Lowe. Take advantage of HD that still cut MDF boards now, who knows maybe sooner or later they will stop cutting MDF nation wide.

Alex,

Mark Murphy

Supporting Actor
Alex,

I was thinking the same thing when I was there. I was thinking about making a DVD rack that would match my flexy so the time to do it will be soon. I got a long weekend coming up.

Kenneth Harden

Screenwriter
My dad has friends that are into woodworking.

They say, when I am ready, bring the wood and plans, and they will do what I want!

Also, if they don't have hole saws (they very will might), I will being my own template from Parts Express and use their router.

Hell, they will even build the boxes, glue, screw, clamp, etc.

They could probably do it in a jiffy, where it would take me a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks