What's new

Home Automation question.... (1 Viewer)

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
I posted this in another area but didn't get any responses. Maybe someone here could help me figure this puzzle out and tell me what I need.

I have my HTR pretty much set, I have a PC hooked up to my HT that I use for storage of my CD library and that I use to do online gaming. I also have a second amp that I can control audio in my main living room from upstairs (via IR repeater). What I would like to do have have control over my PC and more specifically Media Center so that I can access my audio library upstairs.
What I had envisioned was to have a touchscreen monitor to control my pc for the purpose of having control of my library with an attractive visual display. What I would do if I could get this done is to add a computer to my HTR and use one just for the purpose of storage and running the upstairs audio, the other would be able to access those audio files and play them via my HTR and I could use the other computer for online games, etc.
My problem is, this is all completely new territory for me. What would I need to consider if I wanted to do this? What type of equipment would I need? And would that equipment work with what I have now?
Any suggestions I could get would be very much appreciated.
thanks,

Brian Osborne

Stunt Coordinator
I can't beleive I am pioneering a new breakthrough in HomeTheater for the DIYer.
If anyone has had experience with touchscreen control of Windows or Media Center, that is where most of my questions would be.

Christopher_N

Auditioning
I have a similar issue. My computer is in my bedroom and I have a stereo cable running from computer to my HT. The problem is that if I want to control what I'm listening to, I have to walk from my HT room to my bedroom. A touch screen in my HT room would be awesome but I am pretty poor so it couldn't be much more than $100.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks