1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Home Audio Help - Controls Identifiction

Discussion in 'Beginners, General Questions' started by Andy836, Jan 16, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Andy836

Andy836 Auditioning

Andy
    Hi All,

I'm hoping someone in this community might be able to help me.

My sister went to view a house and it has built in speakers, wall controls and tv mounts. All the cables seem to feed back to a central closet but the original system/audio equipment has been removed - the cables are just hanging there.

It's not something she was looking for but I think if it's cheap enough to replace what was removed then she should try and do it if she bids on the house - alternative is remove all these and plaster over.

She didn't take any pics of the wall controls themselves but I got the attached screenprint (terrible quality) from the video she sent.

1. Can anyone here identify the control, is it any good?
    2. So effectively the house has cabling and speakers - what else would be needed to make this work? Amps, PC?

Thanks everyone for any help you can give
    Andy

Terrible image of the black controls attached
    https://imgur.com/a/yQT1N

Attached Files:

2. Wayne A. Pflughaupt

Wayne
    I doubt that anyone who hasn’t spent years working as an installer will be able to identify that picture. Replacing with the original equipment would be the easiest route, so your best bet would be to get an equipment list from the current owner, or at least what brand the gear was.

Alternately, with the wiring in place a different system could be installed.

Regards,
    Wayne A. Pflughaupt

3. Andy836

Andy836 Auditioning

Andy
    Thanks Wayne,
    Unfortunately the current owner isn't available - it's a receiver/bank sale - no reps or warranties or info available.
    She's only bidding on it at this stage - if she's successful she'll get a smart home/audio company to take a look and quote for the work but it would be great to get a guide on replacement costs etc in advance.
    Fingers crossed someone recognizes it.
    Andy

4. Message #4 of 6 Jan 16, 2018
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    xx Brian xx

xx Brian xx Stunt Coordinator

Brian
    That looks like a Russound UNO S2 keypad. At the least she would need a Russound audio matrix switch that would work with the keypad. I would advise having someone knowledgable on whole home audio inspect the system to see what else is missing.

Brian

Andy836 likes this.
  5. xx Brian xx

xx Brian xx Stunt Coordinator

Brian
    I mention audio matrix above but this could control audio/video. Would need to see the cables that are hanging out of the wall to know more.

Andy836 likes this.
  6. Andy836

Andy836 Auditioning

Andy
    Thanks Brian, that is fantastic.
    I googled that keypad and they're a match.
    The screenshot of the cables is unusable (too blury) - getting a pro to look at it seems to be the next step.
    Thanks for your help
    Andy