What's new

Home Alone upgrade or SE coming? (1 Viewer)

Paul_Nyman

Second Unit
My brother asked me about this the other day. Is there any upgrade for the holidays this year of an upgarde of Home Alone?

I thought 20th Century Fox mentioned something about this at a past chat here on the HTF.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
I think Warner keeps saying "maybe next year" in the chats. I know I'm still waiting for them. I never bought the current DVDs, but I'm getting really tired of watching these crappy tapes every Chirstmas.

Colby

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Colby
:b Duh. I must've had Warner on the brain for some reason. :b

george kaplan

Senior HTF Member
They're talking about Home Alone 4, something I've never seen (I haven't seen 3 or 4), but I believe it was a made for tv movie, which would explain an OAR of 1.33.

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I received the current R1, non-anamorphic version for a Christmas gift. Ugghh.....it's pretty bad. I guess I can hope for a new anamorphic version this Christmas.

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
They need a SE that's 16x9

Pesci/Stern/Culkin commentary
Hughes/Chris Columbus commentary
Deleted scenes if any
Outtakes if any

That would make my christmas!

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
Damn, when I saw this thread was resurrected, I thought "Great...finally some news!". Ah well. lol

I really want to own these movies as well, but I've held off from buying the non-anamorphic versions. Technically, there's still another month or two before studios start to announce holiday titles, so maybe there's still hope for this year, or maybe it's just wishful thinking on my part. :)

DwayneH

Stunt Coordinator
At Wal-Mart they have had for a few months copies of Home Alone that list it as being anamorphic. It is with a lot of other movies that all have the dvd's in sleves for a value buy or something like that. I think they sell for either $7.50 or $9.99. I have not bought it yet but if no special edition comes out this fall then I will. Hope it really is anamorphic since I see more and more movies are listing it but are not really anamorphic.

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I wouldn't hold my breath. Fox has also been releasing these new 'celebrity packs' consisting of 3 movies per actor, and there have been a few instances where these sets were labelled anamorphic when they were in fact not. Schwarzenegger's "True Lies" is a prime example. I have no doubt in my mind that this is the case with the "Home Alone" you saw bundles with 2 other films. Proceed with caution.

Mathew B

Stunt Coordinator
You'd be very lucky, seeing as IMDb says most are of Joe Pesci dropping the "f" bomb by instinct. Not great on a kiddie DVD.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Isn't it weird that there can be a zillion versions of Underworld and BlackHawk Down which made less $ combined than Home Alone and there has never been an SE. Granted, different studio but still...

BrettB

Senior HTF Member
I've limited my sd dvd purchases but considering how long this took I might be dead before it makes it to an hd format. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks