What's new

Home Alone Special Edition? (1 Viewer)

Frank Sadler

Agent
Hey guys

What's the lastest on this ?

Home Alone 1 and 2 are the best christmas movies made in my opinion and deserve the SE treatment.

Any news ?

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
I love these two too, and I've heard such bad things about the current edition of Home Alone, that I'm making myself hold out. I do believe there are threads on this that I've seen before, you might want to try the search function.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
At the HTF Chat a while back, the FOX rep said that Special Editions for Home Alone and Big would likely come for Christmas 2002. Well, it doesn't look like it now, but it still should be coming.

I won't be re-buying the sequel. (I had forgot how unfulfilling it was when I got it last November.)

However, I consider the original a masterpiece, and it certainly deserves better than the barebones, VHS-quality video DVD it got. Definitely one I'd like to re-purchase!

Wes C

Supporting Actor
Ive been wanting to buy the the first but my concerns on quality have stopped me. SE would really seal the deal.

Jonathan_

Second Unit
I have been bugging Mr. Staddon about a rerelease of these movies ever since he joined the forum. I was the person who asked him about a rerelease at the last HTF chat. I was really hoping that it would come out this year, but it doesn't look like it's gonna happen.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
Home Alone 4 will be on ABC's Wonderful World of Disney sometime by the end of this year, so SE's of the first two films would be nice when Part 4 is shown.
I wonder if Home Alone 4 will be as bad as Home Alone 3 (which was somehow a theatrical film). :)

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
The non-anamorphic transfer is passable, albeit a little dark...but an anamorphic release, period, would be better. Why Fox hasn't already done it, I dunno.

Ray H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ray
Maybe it'll get a 5 Star release. Sure it may seem a bit unlikely, but it is one of the highest grossing films of all time!

Mark_Paul

Agent
This movie marked the beginning of the end for the mostly under-rated John Hughes. After the success of this, he sold-out, and began to get involved with piffle like Baby's Day Out. All this after great films like Ferris B. Day Off, Breakfast Club and Planes, Trains and Automobiles. I'd rather have a Weekend At Bernies SE, than a Home Alone SE.

Frank Sadler

Agent
No need to thread fart Mark. I am the biggest John Hughes fan ever.

I hope we do see a Special Edition soon. Home Alone deserves it.

Kyle McKnight

Senior HTF Member
Agreed Frank. This thread was to discuss any news on an upcoming SE. I hate when people crap on threads, it's not a good way to start out as your first post here at the forum either.

LukeB

Senior HTF Member
Yes, Chris Columbus directed it. John Hughes wrote it.

I'd love to hear a commentary from both. Columbus' Mrs. Doubtfire commentary is great!

Frank Sadler

Agent
Chris Columbus has and is busy with Harry Potter, so that might explain something aka not being able to do any work on the DVD like commentary.
" Keep the change you filthy animal "
" Get out of here you nosy little pervert, Or I'm gonna slap you silly !! "
hehe. Had to throw those quotes in :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks