Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-06-25 at 2.38.28 PM.png

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Will this be the first Fox title now owned by Disney that doesn’t get a 4K/HDR upgrade from iTunes?

ScottJH

Screenwriter
Real Name
Scott
Is this the 1st Fox catalog title to be released under Disney(I'm not counting Star Wars)? Hopefully this is just the opening of the floodgates.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Is this the 1st Fox catalog title to be released under Disney(I'm not counting Star Wars)? Hopefully this is just the opening of the floodgates.
I didn't mention those movies in my prior post which was an omission on my part.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
Will this be the first Fox title now owned by Disney that doesn’t get a 4K/HDR upgrade from iTunes?
Funny. It’s been 4K on iTunes since before Disney bought Fox. Are you suggesting iTunes is going to downgrade it to HD, or that they just won‘t ever add HDR?

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
Funny. It’s been 4K on iTunes since before Disney bought Fox. Are you suggesting iTunes is going to downgrade it to HD, or that they just won‘t ever add HDR?
I don't know what's going to happen with that particular title. I'm just thinking it's going to be interesting to see what happens in September.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
What kind of difference would HDR make for a film that's largely shot in low light on 1980s film stock?

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure

I wouldn't get too excited, as Disney already picked and choose what they want from Fox's library and it ain't much.

LeoA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Leo
With a fair bit of grain on the original Blu-Ray, I wonder if they'll de-grain it?

I don't think I want to be the guinea pig. ;)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
With a fair bit of grain on the original Blu-Ray, I wonder if they'll de-grain it?

I don't think I want to be the guinea pig. ;)

Actually, Disney is less heavy-handed on de-graining their live-action output. I just wish that mentality extended to animation since that's what they're known for and what the company was founded on.

Mark-P

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mark Probst
I don't know what's going to happen with that particular title. I'm just thinking it's going to be interesting to see what happens in September.
You can relax now, Robert. It looks like Disney isn't going to extend their 4K iTunes ban to Fox as Home Alone has successfully upgraded to HDR.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson

darkrock17

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Andrew McClure
Does anyone like the artwork for the Best Buy steelbook of this release?

View attachment 77323

I thought steelbooks were supposed to look more attractive than the standard release, not less. I am a big fan of steelbooks in general but will pass on this one. The design of it does not look appealing to me at all.

For anyone who's not that well versed with this film, they're most likely going to pass as they'll think it's some other movie instead. Kevin's iconic scream face is what they're used to seeing.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks